anybody going....

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

anybody going....

Postby REDLEG » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:09 am

in the mornning? digging out the gore-tex underwear now. i heard its going to be a littlt brisk :mrgreen:
REDLEG
hunter

Postby RHF » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:52 am

Not today, but tomorrow - heard it is going to be even colder! Hope that keeps them big ducks flying
Sometime duck hunter
RHF
hunter

Postby REDLEG » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:20 am

did the quick hunt before work this mornning and the tally was........a big fat ZERO.did see a few birds and some big ducks high. could have probally killed a couple of woodies but turdzilla awoke right at shooting time. :oops: i think its going to be o.k. for sat. &sun. iam going to stay in the blind till noonish and see what happens.
REDLEG
hunter

Postby David » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:42 am

Let us know how you do Redleg. I'm going to be stuck putting up Christmas lights and ornaments Saturday, but if I can finish with that I hope to get a morning hunt out on Sunday.
David
Lefty

Postby REDLEG » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:06 pm

will do david. i saw a couple of little knots of bluebills(first ive seen this fall) on a fish pond on the way to work this mornning.maybe the bay got a little push of birds out of this front.i still cant beleive were not seeing more birds. i havent even seen a shoveler on our place this year.my cull factor is steady getting lower :yes:
REDLEG
hunter

Postby RHF » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:17 pm

It was cold but bluebird clear on Saturday - 3 guns, no ducks. Missed the only Mallard that worked in - other than that a few passing shots on woodies passed up (for not seeing them soon enoght) and had a hoodie land in the decoys.

RHF
Sometime duck hunter
RHF
hunter

Postby REDLEG » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:11 am

12/9 3 hunters zero 12/10 3 hunters 8 birds yesterday i saw more birds moving around than all weekend,after it warmed up...go figure. sat. mornning there wasnt much moving at all.i think they found them a nice puddle and just sit there all day.sun with the change in wind to the east they flew.still very few big ducks.going to try it again in the mornning.
REDLEG
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting