Special Youth season coming up

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Special Youth season coming up

Postby David » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:01 am

Special Youth Waterfowl Hunting Days
February 10 & 11, 2007

A good way to take a youngster out and not have to worry about a crowd. Just don't forget to make it fun for them. :thumbsup:
David
Lefty

Postby ALMODUX » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:54 pm

I'm working on lining up as many kids and adult hunters to take care of them as possible for our small club for next Saturday....IF we have more ducks, it could be unlike anything they've ever seen....even found a few boxes of .410 gauge bismuth #5s for the smaller kids to make some headshot water swats with. :laughing:
Here's a thought: Let the ducks work and decoy.
ALMODUX
hunter

Postby David » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:15 am

Good luck this weekend ALMODUX and anyone else taking the kids out. :thumbsup:
David
Lefty

YOUTH HUNT SUCESS

Postby sbeagle1968 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:06 pm

I took my daughter to a public area in North Al. last saturday.......... I now know what needs to happen. We need to lobby our Congressmen in light of
the "greenhouse effect" to open the southern season two weeks later and allow it to go 2 weeks into Feb.

Right at shooting time we walked up on a open piece of water that held over 100 bird - mallards, gads, teal, woodies, and wigeon... they all flushed then started coming back in groups, my daughter shot a pair of gadwals (her first ducks) with #6 bismuth from a 20 ga 1100. I had hunted this place off and on all season and managed to scratch out some mallards and many woodies....they just weren't here until now.............Somebody figure out how we can make a statement and lets get the thing rolling...

Youth weekend is a great idea..
sbeagle
sbeagle1968
hunter

Postby AU Mallard » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:42 pm

We had 6 young men hunt on our place saturday mornng.
All 6 had limits by 9:30. 7 mallards and 1 black, 1 gadwall a few woodies and a bunch of teal.
It doesn't cost anythng to ask, but after the firestorm around the jan 31 close, I can't imagine that we'll see it in our lifetime.
AU Mallard
hunter

Postby Quackster » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:26 pm

Sounds like a few youngsters had a great time! Thats great news, I know I alwayse enjoyed going as a young kid. I to saw alot more birds on public land this week end while rabbit hunting on the tombigbee river.
I think a later season would be great.
Quackster
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting