Hunting Club

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Hunting Club

Postby younggun » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm moving from Georgia to Baldwin County Alabama I 'm looking for a hunting club within about 1 hour drive does anyone no where I can start looking to find a club?
younggun
hunter

Postby REDLEG » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:50 pm

what are you wanting to hunt? there are plenty of deer hunting clubs in the north part of the county. if your looking for a duck club i only know of one in baldwin,escambia,and monroe counties. there are a good many public lands around. upper and lower delta wma,and there is some corp land north of that
REDLEG
hunter

Postby younggun » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:14 am

I'm looking for a deer and turkey club. I love to bow hunt before duck season comes. I hear yall have a fair number of ducks that come into the bay. I have done a little duck hunting in Georgia but not alot of ducks mostly Canadan Geese some divers on the big lakes. I hunt most of the time off St. Marks off the cost of Florida. I have a boat and blind so I'm looking ofward to the divers off the bay. Would love to hook up with a local guy to show me around. Let me know but if you know of how to find a deer club I would sure like to hear about it.

Thanks
David
younggun
hunter

Postby David » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:48 am

Can't help you with the clubs, but after you get down here, let me know. I'll give you some pointers as far as some good starting points. The duck move every year and the hot spot this year can have no ducks next year. A couple of years ago I had my best season to date, last year I had my worst. It comes and goes. Main thing to remember about hunting in the bay and delta is be careful about the water depth and tides. Many boats got stuck on opening weekend last year.
David
Lefty

Postby younggun » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Thanks I will look you up. When I was down looking for a house I saw the water can drop around the bridge. That is amazing the drop off the coast of florida we have low tides but always about 6" of water. I have a mub motor on my boat but still that is some low water. I will look you up David Thanks!!!!

What are the most common ducks you get?
younggun
hunter

Postby David » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:40 pm

We mostly get gadwalls, wood ducks, teal, bluebills, ringnecks, buffleheads and redheads. We will sometimes get pintails and even more rarely mallards. The types of ducks seem to change from year to year also, except for the gadwalls and wood ducks. Those two are always here. Also, most bait stores along the causeway (hwy 90 through the delta) sell maps of the delta that are pretty good. I would suggest picking up one of those. I also like to have a gps with my course to where I'm hunting already plotted. Some mornings it's so foggy when you head out you can barely see the bow of the boat while driving.
David
Lefty

Postby REDLEG » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:40 pm

ive got a couple of #s for 2 of the local clubs around here.thats going to be about 60-70miles north of spanish fort. if you want them just let me know and ill pm them to you.
REDLEG
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting