Seeing any?

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Seeing any?

Postby David » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:49 pm

Anyone seeing any birds yet? I'm not asking for locations, save that for pms. :lol:
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby Quackster » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:54 am

Saw a dozen or so teal, and a few gads on the tombigbee while rabbit hunting saturday. Saw lots of food for them just not many birds, How about down south?
Quackster
hunter

Postby REDLEG » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:19 am

dry dry dry here. not seeing much at all. the delta should have a fw birds after this front. i do know were some are at though, 9.5 hours west, leaving tonight coming home wed. :lol: we had a good opener out there the week before last. i looks like its going to be tough here this year. i might be down your way david for next fri.
REDLEG
hunter

Postby David » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:38 am

I haven't been in the delta in several weeks. I did go up to some land I own in Dallas county Sunday. I have a dried up marsh with no ducks and I didn't see or hear anything in the creeks. I did see about 20 turkeys and lots of deer tracks. If ducks fail I guess I'll have to go after the deer.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby Quackster » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:52 am

Yes it is very dry I saw alot of dried up pot holes. only the bigger creeks, and the main river are holding much water. Lots of floating vegetation hard to get around with an outboard.
Quackster
hunter

Postby manitobawoj » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:16 pm

How's it going David? No ducks here any more just wondering how fall has been for you.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby David » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:39 pm

Hey Kris, I guess it's cold up there now. How did your season end up? So far we have only had 2 days of open duck season and I missed both. It reopens this weekend and runs until the last weekend of January. I'll probably miss several chances this year because of the new baby and I just bought some acreage several hours north of here and when I get the pass, I've been running up there. I had out a trail cam for less than 2 weeks and had over 1000 pictures of deer on it. :yes: Not like the huge monsters you get up there, but plenty of potential.

Back to the ducks, there are some here and there, but not many. Guess they are between you and me. I'll get out for ducks more after most people decide it's not worth going anymore and the ducks move in.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby manitobawoj » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:36 pm

Sounds like things are good with you. The remainder of the season after you left was up and down, we had ducks until Nov 19 pretty late for us. I managed to get out a few times after guiding was done. I shot alot of nice greenheads and 2 bands as well. I didn't have my cameras out like I should have but managed to get a few small bucks on film with the one I did have out. I'll post them on the thread you posted on when I get a chance.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby duck slayer17 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:49 pm

i found a spot on guntersville, had 2 groups of teal fly over and a ton of wood ducks and gadwall
duck slayer17
hunter

Postby whackemandstackem » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:58 pm

the duck hunting has lit up over the past two weeks here in opelika, saw over 60 ducks this morning, most of which were woodies and and merganzers with a few mallards
whackemandstackem
Newb

Postby David » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:44 am

Of course we will start seeing them now, the season is over. :yes:
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting