question on AL blind laws?????

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

question on AL blind laws?????

Postby duck slayR » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:08 pm

hello, i am currently stationed in Norfolk Va with the U.S. Navy, im originally from Skipperville Al ( land of the woodies) i have been hunting the Chesapeake Bay here in Va for about 3 yrs now and occasionally come home to do some hunting with my old high school buddies and im planning to come home in late Dec. and do some hunting and i was wondering if the laws for a floating blind are the same back home as they are up here? here we have to have a plackard attached to your boat and a current year sticker on it before you can use a floating blind is it the same back home or can i just bring my boat home and pop[ my blind up and hunt or do i need to get a blind permit? and i also take it the 500 yd rule applies too. thanks for all your help and input good luck to you all this season!!
duck slayR
Suzie Spoonbill Slayer

Postby David » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:19 pm

There are no blind regulations except in the Swan Creek WMA. If your just using a pop-up blind, you should be safe anywhere. As far as the 500 yards, you are required to to be at least 100 yards from a dwelling. There are no regulations that I know of on how far you need to be from another hunter, although there should be.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

alright

Postby duck slayR » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:29 pm

Thanks alot for the info. yea i wish it was like that up here it gets expensive every year buying a blind permit $40.50 and with the Navy i never know how much im gonna get to use it so im out everyday i can if the wife lets me hahaha thanks again for the info and good luck this year.
duck slayR
Suzie Spoonbill Slayer

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting