Moving to Ala from AR. (Help)

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Moving to Ala from AR. (Help)

Postby Bluefalcon » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:39 pm

I don't want to know anyones spots or anything crazy, just would like to know a little about 3 WMA's. Crow Creek, Mud Creek, and Racoon Creek. Can you hunt all day or till noon, spinning wing decoys in these areas, is anyone killing any duck here. Is it field hunting or what? Will be moving to the area on the Jan. 14 and am hardcore into duck hunting any help would be great. And if you need any info on good public hunt around Russellville area I got it. Any good clubs out there in the gundersville area, anyone need someone to hunt with i would be intrested in just going to see how it compares to AR.
Bluefalcon
hunter

Postby Whatarush » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:05 am

It ain't AR brother. But yeah, you'll be killing ducks. I've spent a lot time this year scouting these 3 WMA's. Found some good little holes and hoping some mallard come in before the season ends. We havent had any cold weather. I've had a mixed bag of woodies, ringnecks, gadwall, and bluebill so far this year. One of the Game Wardens to me he recorded 4 cans last weekend. The birds pretty much stop flying after about 8:30 or 9. So if you can get 2-3 ducks by then you've had a good day. I'm having the most luck around the Mud Creek area. This is my 1st year hunting these WMA's and I'm hoping as the weather comes so will the ducks.
Can't believe how much duckin fun this is!!!
Whatarush
hunter

Postby Whatarush » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:09 am

Oh I forgot, yes you can hunt spinners, yes you can hunt from sun-up till sun-down, I don't know of any field hunting (all on the water).
Can't believe how much duckin fun this is!!!
Whatarush
hunter

Ducks

Postby Bluefalcon » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:57 pm

We have been making it rain ducks up this way. Talked to a guy today and his club has killed 350 since Nov. start, killed 30 this morning. We are getting some colder weather as of now, rain and snow, so maybe it will push them your way. I hope to finish out the season here and then move, it ends here on Jan. 27.
Bluefalcon
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting