Public Land For Duck Hunting

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Public Land For Duck Hunting

Postby tro453 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:13 am

Anyone know where a good place to go duck hunting is that has public land? I am a student for Univ Of alabama and i am trying to go one a hunt next week but dont know a good place. I was thinking mud creek in jackson county but i dont know where to go once i am in there. If any one has any recomendations i would appreciate it.
thanks tony
tro453
hunter

Postby mud buddy marshhunter » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:11 pm

I hunt public land alot because I like shooting divers. If you have a boat hunt pickensville. If you dont have a boat. Drive down I-59 to demoplis and go the the core land down there. or there mangment areas. Now this is gunna take a little work cuss im not gunna do all the work for you :wink: . Go look up maps of the core engineer land and dempolis wildlife magment area. Find areas that hit the river. Then go to google earth zoom down and find flooded timber and swamps and slues off the river. If you do this and come back heer saying there is no place your wrong. The reason i say that is Ive been hunting there for 3 years and there plenty of holes. I stay in tuscaloosa when i hunt there. just get there early. I leave at 3am. I also have a farm in boligee so i stay there now that i have a house.
mud buddy marshhunter
hunter

pickensville

Postby tbax » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:25 pm

where in pickensville.
tim
tbax
hunter

Postby mud buddy marshhunter » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:30 am

I hunt on the lake. I try to keep it on the water but on the cloudy mornings I might end up on island :wink:
I hunt all over pickensville
mud buddy marshhunter
hunter

Postby tbax » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:00 pm

i have been doing ok in demoplis just looking to try something different. mainly woodies there or something else.
tim
tbax
hunter

Postby shawjpaul » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Tony,
If you go to jackson co. coon creek in stevenson usually holds more ducks .Need a boat to hunt most of the good placesbut not all of them. You might want to hunt the river this week end everything else will be iced over.
shawjpaul
Newb

Re: Public Land For Duck Hunting

Postby 870express » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:25 pm

do you have to have a boat to hunt pickensville or is the any way to get to the spots by wading... if you do have to have a boat would it be short enough to get to in a kayak because thats all i got
870express
hunter

Re: Public Land For Duck Hunting

Postby Slug » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Hey 870, all I gots a kayak too. anybody on here ever hunted out of a kayak?
Slug
Newb

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting