Delta Waterfowl

Discuss Alabama duck hunting and more.

Moderator: David

Delta Waterfowl

Postby bkelley » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Many people on here probaly have no clue who I am or what I do, however, I am trying to start up a Delta Waterfowl Chapter in Decatur, AL. I know this may step on some toes for other chapters, but I believe a joint effort from all will eventually help in duck population and production here in the valley. I know there is a chapter in Huntsville and other places, however, I haven't seen much done in this area. I would like to cover Morgan and Lawrence Counties and help in others if needed. I have talked to land owners and hunters from all different walks of life. I have the want and needs of people in this area, I and others are ready to work on finding a solution to the continuing decrease of hunting areas and land. I see time and time again people post on here of hunting to close or looking for clubs or land to hunt. I am opening up doors with landowners and farmers as we speak to begin an area and program to hunt openly with friends and family. The world is definitly not perfect and you can't please everyone but with an agreement we can do something.

I am asking for volunteers in this area (Morgan and surrounding areas) for help with starting this project. Time and effort will be needed. Thanks for reading this excessively long page.

Contact me at 256-476-7094 if interested in Delta Waterfowl.
bkelley
hunter

Re: Delta Waterfowl

Postby ALMODUX » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:58 pm

The 'Wheeler' Chapter was intentionally named thus to include the Decatur and shoals areas, along with Guntersville. I wish you luck with getting one going over your way, but I'd think the times will make it tough to get Delta to compete with another, already established chapter just a few miles away. :biggrin:
Here's a thought: Let the ducks work and decoy.
ALMODUX
hunter

Postby bkelley » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 am

River City Delta Waterfowl Banquet is November 3rd at American Legion. Event starts at 5:30pm and we will eat around 6:30. We have plenty of raffle and give-away items. Food and Beverages of all kinds. Stop by and check it out. Tickets are being sold now if you are interested. 256-476-7094 Brett.
bkelley
hunter

Postby bkelley » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Time is here. Tomorrow is the event. Stop by and enjoy some food and fun. Thanks to all the help. 256-476-7094
bkelley
hunter

Return to Alabama Duck Hunting