Need a hunting buddy?

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Need a hunting buddy?

Postby OneLunG » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:58 am

I don't know about you guys, but I find it hard sometimes to find someone willing to go brave those really nasty days with me.

I've also noticed a lot of new faces in the forum, so I thought it a perfect time to start a thread to help link people up.

If you need hunting buddy, post your availability and location.

If your looking for a hunting buddy, post as well!

Hopefully we can work on getting some of the newer faces set up with hunting here in this big state!
OneLunG
hunter

Re: Need a hunting buddy?

Postby OneLunG » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:59 am

I'll start..

I'm willing to take guys out, as long as you don't give away my secret spots.

I focus primarily on Sea Ducks...Typically hunting off of a rocky point or my 16' skiff. I'm in the Juneau area. PM me if interrested!
OneLunG
hunter

Postby CuppedwithGearDOWN » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey guys,

Looking for a partner in KODIAK. Have decoys and calls will travel and brave the worst stuff to get some of the great bounty. Anyways if you want to hook up for some duck hunting PM me or email me @ uscgrob@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

ROB :beer:
CuppedwithGearDOWN
Newb

Postby foggyhunt » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:53 am

on another site a guy with a boat was new to fairbanks who was looking for a partner. from fairbanks to juneau...dang, anyone around soldotna or homer looking for a partner? i no longer have my boat and my dog died last march. it's hard to get excited these days but i still live for duck hunting and my savior. i'm 52, and fortionate enough to have a ton of mounts. i really love to duck hunt. im a member of delta and du. currently, my job has me working afternoons til 9 or 10pm and i think they are grooming me for the graveyard shift. once that starts i'll be able to hunt more. 741-1880 is my cell. Danny
foggyhunt
hunter

Postby Nomeite » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:17 am

I'm from Nome and I'm willing to take anyone out ptargaim hunting, hand lineing for crab or caribou hunting (last two in december). The ducks and geese are gone from this area. I have everything all you need is a snowgo. The snow is already here and in another month there will be enough of the white stuff to head out in the hills for ptargaim. I normally go by myself so any company is appreciated.
Just because it is old dosen't make it a classic
Nomeite
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Sounds like a good time to take a trip to Nome.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Justin Stevens » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:44 am

Name is Justin Stevens currently im in Afghanistan. I will be returning to the Anchorage area in Feb. Im looking for someone to show me the ropes of hunting in Alaska. I want to hunt most everything there is to offer in Alaska. Im in the Military and will only be there a short time before I leave I may get two seasons. I also have a filming team called Wild Concept Outdoors that im in the process of building. Footage and the experience of hunting in Alaska would be amazing. Anyone intrested in showing me around or letting me tag along let me know on here or I prefer email jstevens-012@hotmail.com. I want to focus on mainly Moose and Waterfowl however im open to suggestions. Fishing would be a plus as well.

Any help I can get would be awesome
Justin Stevens
Newb

Postby relocatedduckman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:26 pm

My wife and I are looking at the juneau area. I hope to meet some of yall for hunting.
relocatedduckman
hunter

Postby vertical_edge_800 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Im stationed in California right now but I usually go home to wasilla in the fall. Ill be there this september for the opener if anyones interested :)
2nd Battalion, 1st Marines "The Professionals"
vertical_edge_800
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:41 pm

vertical_edge_800 wrote:Im stationed in California right now but I usually go home to wasilla in the fall. Ill be there this september for the opener if anyones interested :)

Do you hunt up near Wasilla or drop down into the flats? I have no idea were I plan to hunt the opener but you bet your last dollar it will be somewhere. Plan to take the whole month off and hammer some birds!
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby vertical_edge_800 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:16 pm

I won't be there on the opener but ill be there around the 3rd or 4th.. I usually hunt jim creek and ill hunt the flats occasionally, usually when I'm short on time or the birds aren't moving much. I'll keep in touch and send you a PM in August I'm going to be gone for a month starting monday.
2nd Battalion, 1st Marines "The Professionals"
vertical_edge_800
hunter

Postby Doctor D » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:09 am

Im in the anchorage area, Im new to ak , needing to hook up with someone and learn a thing or two about the sea ducks. Im still a huge greenhead fan, stuck with me from missouri, the flyway down there is phenom. I have a lab who does pretty good, he eats all my coffee cake in the duck blind but i guess thats ok! thanks, drop me a pm or email me at daverickydonahue@hotmail.com
Doctor D
Newb

Postby seasoned » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:51 pm

located here in Bethel alaska, love to travel up or down river for bird or large game. Have a boat. If you have a large trailer and pitch in for gas we could go a long ways, to camp even. Big fan of google earth (use to plan hunt) and walking far distances over tundra. (sneek caribou). eric
seasoned
Newb

Postby 900fusion » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:06 am

looking for some one to let me come along on a sea duck hunt, dont have a problem chipping in also just painted up some sea birds and would love to see how they work, located in anchorage. you secret spot is safe with me!
900fusion
hunter

Postby DmanUW » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:28 pm

I'm in Wasilla, and am looking for someone willing to take me out duck hunting. I'm not new to hunting ducks, I have all my own gear, but not much good at calling, and no decoys here. I'm up here visiting my family, and was planning on going caribou hunting with my dad but he's too busy to take a couple days off so I'd like to make the best of the time I have left here. I'll be headed back to Seattle around Sept 10th.

I have a fairly flexible schedule, almost any day works, although a couple days notice would help. Also, any tips where I can jump ducks near Wasilla would be great! I'm heading out one way or another, although having company is always preferred.
DmanUW
Newb

Postby AdamBearcat » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 pm

I'm new to Fairbanks as of last week and itching to go. Unfortunately I'm not the guy with the boat (probably have a lot more invitations if i did). I usually hunt back home in northern California while I'm home for the holidays. Last years season in west Georgia was pretty disappointing so I'm hoping for a good start to this years.
AdamBearcat
Newb

Postby AdamBearcat » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Dang I just saw how old this thread is :fingerhead:
AdamBearcat
Newb

Postby MEUSCG » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:22 am

Anybody in Kodiak?
MEUSCG
Newb

Postby ahopkins121 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:06 am

I just moved to the valley last spring and I am looking to do some scouting and get back into duck hunting. Long story short I moved up here from Maine (where I grew up duck hunting) was a teacher in the bush for a few years while spending my summers working for an outfitter in Cooper Landing, I then ended up getting married and back on the road system. I just got a old town square stern canoe (camo of course) and I am planning on spending the summer of 13' looking around and get ready to be back to duck hunting this fall. Anyone got any advise or done any exploring themselves? Figuring with the amount of transplants around here there must be others in my situation.
ahopkins121
Newb

Postby 0321Tony » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:26 am

ahopkins121 wrote:I just moved to the valley last spring and I am looking to do some scouting and get back into duck hunting. Long story short I moved up here from Maine (where I grew up duck hunting) was a teacher in the bush for a few years while spending my summers working for an outfitter in Cooper Landing, I then ended up getting married and back on the road system. I just got a old town square stern canoe (camo of course) and I am planning on spending the summer of 13' looking around and get ready to be back to duck hunting this fall. Anyone got any advise or done any exploring themselves? Figuring with the amount of transplants around here there must be others in my situation.

Don't know if you found it yet or not but there are some great people on "Alaska outdoor directory" its a great source of help and knowledge for hunting our great state. I do a lot of sea duck hunting in Kachemak bay and usually looking for another person to go along. I hunt a lot alone cuz most of my friends don't hunt like I do. I have the same name on that site if you want to get a hold of me

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
0321Tony
hunter

Postby Tyrel Palmer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:46 am

I know this is kinda an older topic, but I'm new to Duck hunting, this being my second Season and I'm in Juneau AK. Looking to go out with experienced people as often as possible to learn as much as possible! I know its the end of the season now though.
If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot at.

Days hunted 6
Mallards 3
Teal 4
Bufflehead 2
Tyrel Palmer
hunter

Postby MantonMan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:51 pm

If possible I would like to get a dedicated duck hunting buddy in Valdez for this upcoming season. I'm moving there this summer and have never been there so I'm not experienced with the area and don't know any spots. I am also respectful of hunters and can keep such spots secret.
MantonMan
hunter

Postby Texas_Bred » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:46 pm

I just moved to Anchorage for work and don't know anybody. Looking for a partner who knows the area and needs a solid wingman. I've been chasing ducks since I was 4, have all the gear, can blow a call if needed, just don't know the area. Doesn't matter what the weather is, I'll be ready to go every day the season is open. I have a very flexible work schedule.
Texas_Bred
Newb

Postby 0321Tony » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:21 am

Texas_Bred wrote:I just moved to Anchorage for work and don't know anybody. Looking for a partner who knows the area and needs a solid wingman. I've been chasing ducks since I was 4, have all the gear, can blow a call if needed, just don't know the area. Doesn't matter what the weather is, I'll be ready to go every day the season is open. I have a very flexible work schedule.

Check out Alaska outdoor directory it's a great Alaska hunting forum and some great guys on there and many of whom live in the Anchorage area and are willing to take new people out. I have the same name there so look me up when you get to that site. I live down in sterling and we have some good hunting but don't expect anything like what you are used to. Alaska is a big state and we get a lot of birds but we also have about 200k square miles of suitable habitat so our birds are spread out. I know the areas down my way a lot better and have not hunted up towards Anchorage at all. I know turnagain arm has some good hunting. Our season starts in just 43 days and it gets a lot of pressure for about the first week then it dies off except for the more serious fowlers. We hunt till freeze up which can happen as early as the middle of October but then the sea duck hunting heats up and we can hunt the salt water till the end of season. I hunt puddle ducks as hard as I can till it freezes then I head to Homer to lay a beating on the sea ducks. I work off shore so I have a flexible schedule as well I dedicate my weekends to my wife and kids so weekdays are better for me. I spend more time on the Alaska forum so if you get over there look me up and maybe we can set something up. I only have one secret spot but that is reserved for me and only 2 close friends I have threatened bodily harm to if they leak it's location as I hunted it a lot last year and never seen another person or herd another shot and I killed ducks every time there. The only other area I really hunt is well known down here and I know it's a drive for you but I'd share it with you.
0321Tony
hunter

Postby Lounsbury77 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:38 am

Looking for a guy to show me around the area and to get out and hunt waterfowl up here I was recently stationed up here at Ft Richardson and don't know the area to well if there are any other military guys that use this form I would love to hunt with I can use calls pretty well and have all the gear to get out
Lounsbury77
Newb

Next

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting