Sitka Alaska Hunting

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Sitka Alaska Hunting

Postby badandy970 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:13 pm

Well I went out again yesterday and finally took some pictures of some ducks. It was a great hunt, the hardest hunt I have ever done. I went solo on the salt water, weather was not very conducive but it worked. The wind was near hurricane force, freezing rain and being all by my self.

I have never seen ducks working so hard to get in the decoys. The Goldeneye's were coming in groups of 5-20. Had three or four groups Mergansers, and some other random ducks come in but I wanted to kill a limit of Goldeneye.

Once again the Strait Heat did it's job, in the extreme wind and the freezing rain it held great patterns.
Semper Paratus
Final Approach Pro-Staff
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff
Duck Junkies Pro-Staff
Sitka AK. Ducks Unlimited
TEAM TRIPPLE H
TEAM BUSH QUACKED
badandy970@hotmail.com
badandy970
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Sitka Alaska Hunting

Postby Erich_870 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Nicely done!

Which end of town were you? I made 9 trips to Sitka this summer for a job at the old sawmill (Sawmill Cove Industrial Park) and saw very few birds and wondered where a guy could get into some ducks (other than Swan Lake :lol3: ).

Erich
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"

Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Weed Whacker Boat Motor Build
Erich_870
hunter

Re: Sitka Alaska Hunting

Postby waldo2382 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Looks like a blast. I've never been into the town, only the ferry dock, but there looks like a fair amount bays for productive spots around the narrows. Right on, time for me to go get some next week.
Alaskans for Global Warming

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
waldo2382
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting