who's killing some ducks?

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

who's killing some ducks?

Postby foggyhunt » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:12 pm

hey guys, would appreciate the scoop from your duck blind or anywhere else if the birds have moved out of the Interior yet. I see fb has been hanging around 19. U guys in fairbanks still shooting some mallards for sure ,eh? Whats still hangin around mint;) ? Has anyone seen more pintails this year? Anyway i had 6 great yrs. In sterling on the might Kenai, but situatuations had me move down to sumas WA. 3 blocks from the b.c. Border and the frasier valley. The other fishing paradise that seems a world away after the great drive down from AK. state. U guys in Juneau, have you seen 10,000 pintails doing a vortex yet as they roared across your deeks and your guns going up as they head out? Im gonna start hunting around Nov 3rd. I miss AK. Maybe, hopefully some day i'll get back. Thanks
Last edited by foggyhunt on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Re: who's killing some ducks?

Postby Black Brant » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Well as of today the birds are still here in Cold Bay, Izembeck Lagoon, there are more pintails around than I have seen in the last 11 years, fair number of young brant, don't know about the geese, the ones I have been killing are mostly not young of the year. Looks like a deep low aproaching in about 5 days, could be the one to move them south from our area, although may be a touch early and this one may be a little north. Good luck down there.
Black Brant
hunter

Re: who's killing some ducks?

Postby foggyhunt » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Hey black Brant, sure must be something to hunt cold bay. Yes good luck to all you all as well. Very good news to hear on pintails. I had origionally moved down to Seattle area last april, but had enough of that and up here above bellingham Sept. 1st. Has life much nicer for me and the 9 mo. Lab puppy. Ill mostly hunt ferndale and hopefully some fields in Sumas.

Harvested corn fields are ptetty much everywhere. Farms & field after field, crop after crops. Feed is everywhere for the birds. Getting my plates, DL and resident hunting license next Wed. Really hoping for my first sea ducks down here. Really want to get a Brant, Harley, scooter, oldsquaw.
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting