...Hittin' it hard!

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

...Hittin' it hard!

Postby OneLunG » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Went out again this morning...

On the way out...

A little shooting

and we saw a couple of these....

No deer...

A little bumpy on the way back...

Another limit day ;)
OneLunG
hunter

Re: ...Hittin' it hard!

Postby foggyhunt » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:11 am

Damit, lookin at them pics especially the boat ride back pic. I miss what AK gives. Great fall weather. Maybe I should consider moving to Juneau. Duck hunting is very good I hear. Have a good weekend. Stay safe
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Postby OneLunG » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 am

Trust me...sometimes there are days I think about taking a job down south and moving...but then every time I go out and hunt, or just go out for a hike...I get reminded of why I love this town SO MUCH, even though the general population KILLS me...
OneLunG
hunter

Postby Erich_870 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Looks like a good time! That's pretty impressive that the birds were decoying in between shore and the big boat. Got to love sea ducks :thumbsup:

Erich
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"

Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Weed Whacker Boat Motor Build
Erich_870
hunter

Postby OneLunG » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Yeah they still wouldn't suck in as close as I wanted them to.....Thats where the little boat comes in handy....
OneLunG
hunter

Postby eglseder » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Cool pics!! I'm starting to get really excited because I am applying to grad school in Alaska and will hopefully be out there and hunting next year or the year after. I'm going to school in Maine right now...live right on the coast in one of Maine's best seaduckin' spots. Only problem is that I don't have a boat or dog yet...I will be going out with some other guys this fall to go after the Eiders. My goal is to live in AK and I thought I might as well go to grad school there too. Have a great season. Hopefully I will be joining all you guys next year for some duckin'.
eglseder
hunter

Postby Erich_870 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:56 pm

eglseder wrote:Cool pics!! I'm starting to get really excited because I am applying to grad school in Alaska and will hopefully be out there and hunting next year or the year after. I'm going to school in Maine right now...live right on the coast in one of Maine's best seaduckin' spots. Only problem is that I don't have a boat or dog yet...I will be going out with some other guys this fall to go after the Eiders. My goal is to live in AK and I thought I might as well go to grad school there too. Have a great season. Hopefully I will be joining all you guys next year for some duckin'.

eglseder,

Which school are you applying to? UAS? If you move up here, bring all your hunting gear with you. It's cheaper in the long run :thumbsup:

Erich
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"

Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Weed Whacker Boat Motor Build
Erich_870
hunter

Postby eglseder » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Yea....I think I am going to apply to UAS and UAF to get a masters in either marine bio or fisheries. Bringin' everything with me, hopefully even a layout boat that my stepfather made years ago...just have to get a trailer for it.
eglseder
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting