I have a spot for you to kill ducks near Juneau!!!

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

I have a spot for you to kill ducks near Juneau!!!

Postby Paddydog1 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:09 pm

This is a genuine good tip

HEAD FOR SNETTISHAM BAY

Ya there are some locals there who run the power plant and the fish hatchery who would like everyboby to believe this bay and the Speel River estuary are closed to hunting. BUT they are full of crap and the GAME and FISH will back you up if you hunt there.

I lived there and killed many many ducks and geese plus a few black bears and yes you might even get a chance to whack a wolf or wolverine while sitting in your duck blind on the speel (oh the local sob's will hate me for giving that info out but don't be fooled this is public land and you can hunt right below the houses on the flats!! Ya no crap there

Go Kill some birds

respond to this if you want more details,.

And yes - I know the area and have a beef with some of them locals there and will give you some good hunting info on Snett flats and speel river flats for both birds and bears and oh ya I'll also tell you where the local spring K. crap spot is if you want some of those to...

Good hunting

PD1
Paddydog1
hunter

Re: I have a spot for you to kill ducks near Juneau!!!

Postby OneLunG » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:03 am

Most of the people I know already bear hunt and the likes down there....Its not really "new" news....

Plus with the way the weather is in the fall...crossing Taku inlet towards Grand Island can be exceptionally nasty....Not really a run worth making for ducks IMO...
OneLunG
hunter

Postby Erich_870 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Onelung is right about the trip being treacherous during normal SE Alaska winters, but I'm always interested in new duck areas. Send me a PM with the details and what the "locals" have a problem with :yes:

Erich
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"

Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Weed Whacker Boat Motor Build
Erich_870
hunter

Postby OneLunG » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:15 pm

I've got a tits spot down in Tracey Arm....Wanna make the run?

The birds are so stupid there, you shoot at them, they fly a circle, then try to land again till theres none left in the flock...
OneLunG
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting