Here we go, lets all introduce ourselves

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Here we go, lets all introduce ourselves

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:07 pm

I got to thinkin after seeing La's post.... We should all (if you would like to) post up bout ourselves. Ya know, where ya live, what ya do, what kinda dog ya gots.... whatever.

And remember a picture is werth a hulluva lot of werds. If you feel like it, put up a picture of yerself, or any of the other things you want to share.

Hope this helps everyone :salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:22 pm

Ill start it off.

My name is Matt Stouffer (hence Stouff), I am a 6' 5" Junior at Chugiak HS (17 yrs/old). I live in Peters Creek, and have a 2 year old Black Lab named "Cedes" short for Mercedes. I am a Ford man (sorry LA :mrgreen: ) and have a 97 F-350 CC LB Diesel.

I hunt for everything I can possibly can: Moose, bear, small game, duks, etc....

And this is the looser I hunt w/ lol (DuffMan)

I have an assortment of guns (not even shure if I have all of them in these pics...

I am the kinda guy who gits giddy when he reads: "Some assembly reqired". I love to werk on truks, and build things.

And here on DHC I am known for doing/making really rediculous things (you dont have to say it, I KNOW you guys like seein it, he he)

OK, sorry for the long post... I just had alot to show ya.

So lets see bout you guys. :thumbsup:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby DuffMaN » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:24 pm

Yo, I'm Gabe Niesen, also from Chugiak. I love to ride motorcycles, paintball, working on bikes/guns/paintball guns, and hunting. Maybe I'll get some neato pics up later.
"I hope I don't have any drugs in the ashtray..."
-Drummond Taylor
DuffMaN
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:33 am

Well I'm Ben Richie 24 and I'm from West Monroe Louisiana, i enjoy anything outdoors, wouldn't call myself a gear head but i enjoy my job as a vehicle machanik (i help maintain all the snow equipment on base). I have two boys one is almost three and a newborn. I have a jack russell used for four legged creatures and a choc lab use for the flying kind. I have enough guns to get the job dun and a truck and fourwheeler to get me there. In the states i mainly hunt ducks, whitetall and squirells i guess things will change for awhile. Can't wait to get out and enjoys alaska.
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:26 pm

Ben Richie, I read your small world post in the Louisiana forum the other day and then today I read this post with your info and WOW. I decided to do some more research and searched your posts and found the pics you posted. I went to school with you in Belcher Louisiana in elementary school. PM me when you get back on here.

Small World HUH. :eek: :eek:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby AK Ducks » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:39 am

hi I'm tom and I'm a duckaholic I also get my fix whith most any other type of hunting, an dfly fishing or trolling. I live in juneau AK.

thats my close up (the ladies love it)

and heres me my bro (far left) my good friend(back) and me (right) after opening day 2004 (limit) thats the tip of nick's boat (not the one we swamped)
oh yah we were pretty tierd after that (no sleep plus we had to carry nicks wooden boat 1/2 mile it was lame.
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Ray

Postby AK Ray » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:34 am

I am Lance "Ray" Raymore. Here is a link to an online photo album that works finally.

The fish is my first and only Kenai rainbow. We were floating and when through Rainbow Alley after some reds. This fish slammed the fly and jumped all over the place. Its mouth is torn up from all the lures it has taken in its life.

the little boat is my foamer I built last summer. The Duck Monitor. Hides well when grassed up, but when the ducks can't see you, you can't see them. This is the maiden launch of the boat at Gull/Mud lake near Jim Creek.

The big boat is my Sam Devlin designed and home built Black Brant III sneak box on her maiden launch.

The photo titled sheep is what the general area around Swan and Leaf lakes looks like. The head waters of Jim Creek. There are white spots on the hill side and I thought they were sheep, but it turns out they were goats. Some guys were out there with a spotting scope while duck hunting.

The cocoa break is my daughter taking some time to enjoy the day. No ducks this day, but the water was high enought that it allowed my to run the boat in places I have never been able to get to. In this photo we are on an ATV trail that leads from the Knik river.
my yahoo album
AK Ray
hunter

Postby akbrett » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:07 pm

Nice to able to put some faces to names, I guess it's my turn now.
I'm Brett Anderson and I of course have to show off the bear my old man and I got on Kodiak two years ago.
Image Image

My two best friends:
Image Image
My son, Patrick, and his "litter mate" Loki. They are both almost two years old now and the three of us managed to put in almost 40 days this year hunting birds around the area.

We managed to find birds and have a good time from Sept. to late Nov.
Image Image

and of course spent a couple days in Colorado:
Image Image

My wife also loves to get out with us and have a good time hunting and fishing:
Image Image

I spent the last two years home with the kid and it is the best thing I could have ever done. It allowed me to make sure that I exposed my son to the things that I hold dear, not to mention being able to take off at 9 am on Wed. morning (or whenever I felt like it) and go jump a couple of birds without seeing any other hunters. I think it would be fun to get together with a couple of you guys some time this fall or late summer and see if we can't find a couple birds to sling steel at.
akbrett
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:15 am

Man thats an awsome bear, you sure as hell don't see them in Louisiana, coarse we got gators that big but man what site that must a been. I would love to see one that big in the wild, did you go through an outfitter to get em, i would love to kill a bear and wish for a dall sheep.....might have to pay a pretty penny for that though.

I'd love to hook up next season, my dog is only a year old but my son is almost three so they could play and we could get to doing what we do best, wackin quackers, is your dog a finished dog, i hope mine will get better by the up and coming season. I've only found one guy at work that likes to hunt but he might be leaving for the summer.
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:52 am

Akbrett,

Those are some pretty awesome pics :thumbsup:

The one of yer kid under yer dog reminds me of my niece and my pup, real cute :mrgreen:

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby akbrett » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:25 pm

Thanks guys!
The bear we did on our own. Without the outfitter it is still a $$$ trip but it is well worth it. We are going back to the same area this spring on my tag. I'm really looking forward to another 14 days over there!

The dog isn't finished, I haven't worked with him as much as I would like. I had to promise the wife when we got him that he would be a family dog first and working dog if I was lucky. He has the drive, it's just some of the finer points we need to work on.
akbrett
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:45 pm

Any expensive trip is worth as long as you had a great time and makes it a lot better when your haulein a trophy back and shareing the whole experince with your dad(family) :thumbsup: .....priceless
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:01 pm

:withstupid:

You only live once :salude:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

I'm kinda new here...

Postby Northern Stalker » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:48 am

Hey guys, my name is Corey and I am from North Pole/Fairbanks.
I am a taxidermist specializing in waterfowl and gamebirds only. I spend alot of time on the Fuge, but Im sure I'll be on this forum quite abit now too. Good to hear of some more Alaska Duck Hunters!
I will try to do the picture thinig here in a day or two.

-Corey
Northern Stalker
Northern Stalker
hunter

Re: I'm kinda new here...

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:58 am

Northern Stalker wrote:Hey guys, my name is Corey and I am from North Pole/Fairbanks.
I am a taxidermist specializing in waterfowl and gamebirds only. I spend alot of time on the Fuge, but Im sure I'll be on this forum quite abit now too. Good to hear of some more Alaska Duck Hunters!
I will try to do the picture thinig here in a day or two.

-Corey
Northern Stalker

Well welcome aboard!

I remember when you joined. I was waiting for you to make a post.

Glad too see ya round, and yeah-- just put up some pics when you git a chance :thumbsup:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:25 am

:welcome: Northen stalker, send us some pics and we might be sending you some work. My tax is in CO so i need to find one up here cus i no that something from this state is going on the wall, yea i'm that good. :getdown:
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby akbrett » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:40 pm

Welcom Northern Stalker. It's good to see someone from the Interior on the site.
akbrett
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:36 am

OK N.S. WHERES THE PICS, I TOLD U I NEEDED A NEW TAX. AND I KNOW ME A STOUFF ARE GONNA WACKSOMEQUACKERS SO LETS SEE'M :hammering:
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

NS's business website

Postby AK Ray » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:58 pm

Not as many photos there as he usually posts over on the Fuge during the season.

http://www.nwtaxidermy.com/

The ghost image with the greenheads on the home page was while the lakes down here where iced up last fall and they had open water up north. Go figure.

I have seen one of his mounts at a home in Fairbanks (the flying spec and Can on the photos page) and they are even better looking in person.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:10 pm

Thanks for that Ray, Nice web site, everything was right where you want it and simple and tells me everything i wanted. I would love to take an Old Squaw that a nice lookin bird. Hopefully we can get u some business this season.
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:41 pm

LAredneck wrote:OK N.S. WHERES THE PICS, I TOLD U I NEEDED A NEW TAX. AND I KNOW ME A STOUFF ARE GONNA WACKSOMEQUACKERS SO LETS SEE'M :hammering:

Hahaha hahhah, Heck yeah.

I am most DEFINITELY game fer duk/goose season this fall :cool: :thumbsup:

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Northern Stalker » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:43 am

Thanks guys, I just finished up a trio of flying Harlequins flying against a rock I will try to post them up.
Soon to come: more Barrow's Goldeneyes, Buffleheads, Ringneck pheasants, Pintails, wigeons, King Eiders and Surf Scoters as well as more Harlequin.

Northern Stalker
hunter

Pic posting help.

Postby Northern Stalker » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:49 am

Hey LAREDNECK tell me how you got those pics posted....
As you can tell the pic I tried didn't work.
Northern Stalker
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:09 am

Every heard of photobucket.com???? Thats what i used.
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Pic posting help.

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:31 am

Northern Stalker wrote:Hey LAREDNECK tell me how you got those pics posted....
As you can tell the pic I tried didn't work.

Here, I fixed it fer ya. What you did was you didnt put the [/img] thingy right up against the image location, you had a space inbetween it.

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Next

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting