Here we go, lets all introduce ourselves

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:03 am

He didn't ask me to fix it he wanted to know how to post pics, but you can take the credit for it. :cool:
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

posting pics

Postby Northern Stalker » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:50 pm

Hmm, I will get it figured out.
I wonder why its gotta be a shared picture? O well I will keep messing with it in some free time.

-Northern Stalker
Northern Stalker
hunter

Postby TNdukr » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:22 pm

Hello, my name is Stew. Just moved here about a month ago with my wife, three kids and my lab from Charleston, SC. I'm originally from TN. I'm stationed at Elmendorf now. I love to duck hunt. I really hope that I can find someone to help me get into the ducks around here.
TNdukr
Newb

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:38 pm

:welcome: TO DHC I himed up in Iraq right now should be back around the end of September so if you want to get started finding out a spot well you can to the right place. Stouff will help you out but watch him close as he a little shady :yes: Na but what shop do you work in, i'm down at D-29 heavy equipment. How'd you find DHC? Enjoy DHC but mind you P&Q's and you won't get the :hammering:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby TNdukr » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:31 am

LAredneck, I'm runnin 32 up at the main shop...one of the guys that came up with me from Charleston is down at D-29 now. I found this place while researching the duck huntin around here. I think I may give Stouff a call and see if maybe he'll show me around a bit if he has some spare time. Be careful over there man. I can't wait to meet ya when you get back.
TNdukr
Newb

Postby AK Ray » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:11 am

TNdukr

Welcome, If you aint too busy the weekend of July 29 a few guys are going to be going out to a marsh and do some running in Prodrive powered boats. If you can make it you can get to see one of the larger marshes in the area. Check out the Mudfest thread for more info next week.

If you are able to get out that weekend, even just for the day, I suggest going to MWR and getting one of those little skiffs to bring the family out. That is if you don't have a boat already. Right now the water is pretty high so those little skiffs will work in the marsh with their long saft outboards. You will hit a few logs in the slough and some marsh lumps along the way but that is just the nature of the beast.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby TNdukr » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:32 pm

AK Ray

I'd love to get out with you guys. I just got a boat yesterday and plan on putting a 24 HP Go-devil on it this weekend. If I knew more about where you guys were going or where I could meet someone, I'd be very interested in seeing some of the area.
TNdukr
Newb

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:55 pm

You got a boat hu, thats cool, i'm getting a floater from AKray when i get back but since you have a motor boat then we can get back into more places. I also read you have a lab, is he/she trained. Mine's still in training, he's only a year old, strong willed though. SO 32 thats the Deicer shop, did Brock PCS? Well this is cool, by the time i get back you'll have all the good place located and we can get to work. See ya'll soon.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AK Ray » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:09 pm

Since you are already outfitted you HAVE to come out on the 29th and test that rig out. The guys out there know area very well and getting a larger group of people together during the season can help out a lot since the marsh is huge and guys tend to flock to a few smaller areas which leaves lots of space for the birds to sit in and not fly.

I will post up some directions on the AK Mudfest thread.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:31 am

Tndukr. :welcome: Aboard!!

Glad to have another AK hunter on here. Feel free to shoot me a pm, email, or even give me a call if I can help ya out w/ anything :thumbsup:

AK ray, I dont have a boat, wud I be able to boat on down w/ someone else if I can make it on the 29th?

:salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:51 am

Stouf, you should be able to ride with Chris (skybust) or Shannon (akduse). I don't know if Jesse will have room for you or not. My boat is small and with my huge butt you and my kid in it will be a challenge for it. However, if I put the old power prop back on it would be interresting to test it out.

Post up on the AK Mudfest thread to arrange a boat ride. I am sure that once folks settle on a time to meet at the launch you can find a ride (or two) for the day.
AK Ray
hunter

delete

Postby foggyhunt » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:04 am

delete this. im not part of the anchorage mat su club and don't ever want to be.
Last edited by foggyhunt on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Postby ak_powder_monkey » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm

I'm Patrick I go to UAS in Juneau and have been a fishing guide, a commercial fisherman, and a math and physics nerd. I graduated from Chugiak High School in 2005 and am wondering if duffman is the gabe i watched throw his fist backflip at alyeska, oh I also love to ski
ak_powder_monkey
hunter

Postby akbrett » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:53 pm

:welcome:
akbrett
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:36 pm

ak_powder_monkey wrote:I'm Patrick I go to UAS in Juneau and have been a fishing guide, a commercial fisherman, and a math and physics nerd. I graduated from Chugiak High School in 2005 and am wondering if duffman is the gabe i watched throw his fist backflip at alyeska, oh I also love to ski

Chugiak HS???????

I am currently a Senior there right now (c/o 07)...... Whats yer last name, Ill look you up in my year book :thumbsup:

My name is Matt Stouffer, lets see, In '05 I wudda been a sophomore....

'Stangs :salude:
-Stouff

PS- Duffman is one of my best friends, and I can guarnatee you he never did a backflip on anything :yes: AND he never went to Chugiak.

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby OneLunG » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:27 am

Names Jake - From Juneau....Been hunting the mendenhall flats for 5-6 years now!

Already having a great season!
OneLunG
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:17 am

:welcome:

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ak_powder_monkey » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:48 pm

AlaskaRedneK wrote:
ak_powder_monkey wrote:I'm Patrick I go to UAS in Juneau and have been a fishing guide, a commercial fisherman, and a math and physics nerd. I graduated from Chugiak High School in 2005 and am wondering if duffman is the gabe i watched throw his fist backflip at alyeska, oh I also love to ski

Chugiak HS???????

I am currently a Senior there right now (c/o 07)...... Whats yer last name, Ill look you up in my year book :thumbsup:

My name is Matt Stouffer, lets see, In '05 I wudda been a sophomore....

'Stangs :salude:
-Stouff

PS- Duffman is one of my best friends, and I can guarnatee you he never did a backflip on anything :yes: AND he never went to Chugiak.

I was kinda a big deal there :laughing:
ak_powder_monkey
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:28 pm

ak_powder_monkey wrote:I was kinda a big deal there :laughing:

So its Patrick _______? :smile:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby ak_powder_monkey » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:39 am

McCormick
ak_powder_monkey
hunter

New guy in town

Postby cajuninalaska » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:34 pm

Hello Alaska duck slayers. I moved to King Salmon a couple of months ago. This place doesn't have much for civilization but it has a lot of ducks. I'm originally from Slidell, Louisiana which took a major hit during Hurricane Katrina so I moved here to hunt and fish for a couple of years. I've been after ducks evey saturday since the opener and the hunting is good. On opening day 3 of us took 24 ducks in 40 minutes. Since then my son, who is ten, and I have been having a blast calling quackers.

I'm looking for a taxidermist in AK for some birds, any suggestions? I've loked into a couple of guys but the prices were really high.
cajuninalaska
hunter

Re: New guy in town

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:06 pm

cajuninalaska wrote:
I'm looking for a taxidermist in AK for some birds, any suggestions? I've loked into a couple of guys but the prices were really high.

First off, welcome to DHC AND Alaska :salude:

As far as bird taxidermists.. I am not too familiar w/ them, but I know that "NorthernStalker" here on the Alaska forum seems to do excellent work. But he is in Fairbanks and Im not shure how you feel about shiping your birds (but being in King Salmon i dont know if you havea choice :help: )

Best of Luck and please stop buy often! :smile:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby OneLunG » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:20 pm

My hunting buddy down here is an awesome taxidermist - Hes done mounts for me on my birds - The name of his Company is Rug N Rak Taxidermy. His name is Dave.

Lemme see if I can find their phone # for ya.
OneLunG
hunter

Postby cajuninalaska » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:32 pm

AlaskaRedneK wrote:
cajuninalaska wrote:

As far as bird taxidermists.. I am not too familiar w/ them, but I know that "NorthernStalker" here on the Alaska forum seems to do excellent work. But he is in Fairbanks and Im not shure how you feel about shiping your birds (but being in King Salmon i dont know if you havea choice :help: )

-Stouff[/q

No, I don't have any choice. There's nothing here in King Salmon of course, so I would like to have them done elsewhere in Alaska where I can ship them quickly. I'm not used to paying more than 150 for a little ole duck to get mounted.

On another note,I like the real trucks statement. I got an 06 superduty turbodiesel. Any suggestions for dealing with the cold winter? I've gotten a lot of advice on inline heaters and additives since I've been here.
cajuninalaska
hunter

Postby cajuninalaska » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:33 pm

AlaskaRedneK wrote:
cajuninalaska wrote:

-Stouff[/q

No, I don't have any choice. There's nothing here in King Salmon of course, so I would like to have them done elsewhere in Alaska where I can ship them quickly. I'm not used to paying more than 150 for a little ole duck to get mounted.

On another note,I like the real trucks statement. I got an 06 superduty turbodiesel. Any suggestions for dealing with the cold winter? I've gotten a lot of advice on inline heaters and additives since I've been here.
cajuninalaska
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting