Snow Ride

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Snow Ride

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:58 am

Me and Hunter's first time playin in the snow. He had a blast. I was pullin him on a sled before we went ridein he loved it to. :getdown:
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:24 pm

Wow, thats awesome.

And man.... thats a BEAST of a Wheeler :cool:

How "torquie" are them 800's? And how much different is the economy between that one, and lets say a 500? And most of all, how much more POWER do you actually feel in that to one of the 500's.

Reason Im askin is my pa and I are thinkin very seriously bout gittn a couple of Sportsmans this spring. But He wants the 6x6, and I want the 500, but if them bigger engines are REALLY werth it, I might see bout one.

Thanks,
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:19 pm

Well lets see, i don't know much about the 500's besides there alot smaller, i belive that you have two modes of starting which is alot of peoples worries with the 800, there sealed up so you can floatem across rivers with the right mods, you really fill like your incomand when you up on the seat and then you hit the gas and all hell brake lose. It way fast and got a lot more power than ill ever need. I put it through some crazy abuse and it just keep askin for more. Your gonna get your people who love'm and those that hate'm just like everyone with there trucks, like i don't like the brute cus of the diff lock!!!!! didn't like the artic cat cus of engine size, and king quad cus of ground clearence. I got ta run, tell you more about it later
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:49 pm

Best thing i can say is post up a poll on the main site, everyone on here loves to give there opinions as i but i can tell u this if my truck was a stout as the polaris is i would take it through anything. I think it more or less depends on what you plan on usein it for, see the polaris is damn near unstopable in the mud, just built to good, a Kawi is great for raceing and they have a good engine just not the best on the mud. Now there is a fourwheeler call Bambirader (misspelled) but its susposed to be undistructable, never see it and haven't researched it mainly cus i love my 800. You want to talk torque, it has WAY more than u need, see all wheelers as tuned down to some sperspective so with that in mind if you put a jet kit or other mods then you got one hell of a machine. The only thing that i would add is if you are a serious mudder or ride where there are a lot of stumps then i would add the metal guards that protect all your steering componets. Just go test drive'm just like you would a truck that u wanted cus there are tons out there and ur goona find thing on each on that u like or don't and you don't want to find that out when u get it home. I need a trailor, cheap one, got and suggestions.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:04 pm

LAredneck wrote: I need a trailor, cheap one, got and suggestions.

I cant promice anything..... but I MIGHT be able to build you one for minimal cost... (pipe, axle, spring, wheels, etc), if that would do it fer ya. If so, how big/features do you want?

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:19 pm

Big enough for two four wheelers that size and i was looking for one that loads from the side too. Hey maybe ya'll could do one as a school project and donate it to the LAredneck fund. :thumbsup:

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:32 pm

LAredneck wrote:Big enough for two four wheelers that size and i was looking for one that loads from the side too. Hey maybe ya'll could do one as a school project and donate it to the LAredneck fund. :thumbsup:

HHHAHH AHHAHH

Well I would definitely do it as "project", but if we build stuff like that, they make us pay fer the materials. But we git discounts and it is normally not a whole lot (comparatively).

Just lemme know. If you have an idea, find a picture and post it up, lemme see it.
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:46 pm

Well it would be just like every other snow machine trailor ya'll have around here. I'll get some measurements and you can get me a quote.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting