moving to seward this summer, how is the hunting?

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

moving to seward this summer, how is the hunting?

Postby mainegrousehunter » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:45 am

I will be moving to seward this summer. I am big into hunting grouse, woodcock, ducks, geese, and big game. How is the hunting around seward. Any info would be great.

Thanks
mainegrousehunter
Newb

Re: moving to seward this summer, how is the hunting?

Postby vertical_edge_800 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Seward isn't that great of a place for hunting anything but black bears and deer. You need a boat..
2nd Battalion, 1st Marines "The Professionals"
vertical_edge_800
hunter

Re: moving to seward this summer, how is the hunting?

Postby waldo2382 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:56 am

^ Yup. Black bears are the most prolific in that next of the woods and an occasional goat can be seen. Seward is also steep and deep for duck and the town is pretty close by. Having a boat will let you explore a little more to some pretty epic areas for sea ducks...HOWEVER winters there can be pretty sketchy on the water because Resurrection Bay (the water Seward is on) goes to the Gulf of Alaska and can pick up pretty big. Something bad happens and you can be drifting for a long long time. Choose your whether days. Hunting can be good in a lot of places, the hardest part is accessing them. Not many roads here. Good luck!
Alaskans for Global Warming

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
waldo2382
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting