Sportsmans Show......

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Sportsmans Show......

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:36 pm

Hey guys.

I had the opportunity to meet up w/ 2 of you at the Sportsmans show today, sorry I couldnt come back Sunday.

Well here are some pics I took frum today :salude:

This is the Fish Pond I helped make.... See all the aluminum framing..... :cool:

Finally, here we are:

ME, Ben, and Brett

:salude:
-Stouff

If any of you guys ever meet up, take some pics and post it.
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby otterbfishin » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:38 pm

Hey Stouff,
Cool pics of the show. AKbrett, his son Patirck and I met this morning at about 9:30 at the north end of the tent. Brett is a great guy and I'm glad to have met him. He's got a super fine hunting trip planned for Kodiak Bears this fall. Wish I could tag along. I also kick myself for not bringing a camera! I had hoped to meet you too, but waited and no one else showed up, so I went into the show for the 10:00 seminar. I had also hoped to be able to meet Ray on Sunday, but I got blown out by all the people at the show and had to bolt for home in Sunshine on Saturday afternoon. I'm just not cut out for big crowds... I've always been a little clostrophobic around them. Thus the reason I came to Talkeetna in 1973. Hope we can get a chance to meet this summer.
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby akbrett » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:50 pm

Nice pics Stouff. It was good to meet everyone. Hopefully, (Patrick willing) I will be able to get over there in time to meet AK Ray tomorrow. Getting him out the door is sometimes a little tough.

Jesse, I look forward to hearing about your boat project. Keep us up to date on how it goes and post a picture or two as you get it rolling. I hope you and your brother are able to get up to the Minto Flats area this fall. If you do, let us know how the birds are.

It will be nice to be able to put a face with a name from now on. Hopefully we will be able to meet up again. I'm looking forward to maybe trying to work in a hunt or two with some of you this fall. We'll just have to see how things (and kids) work out.

Brett
akbrett
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:18 am

Whats up guys, great that we could meet before we start planning trips this fall. I've been chasein safes all night and finally found one that i want. Hey brett if you reed this before you head out give me a call and we can meet up there again and get to know each other more since we didn't get to talk much. Got me a boat on deposit from there, its a boat form the boondocks store in eagle river, gonna let me try it out before I take it home. :thumbsup:

Hey stouff, you know you said that my truck looked bigger in person well i though the same about you...think its about time to update that avator. :yes:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AK Ducks » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:45 am

I feel so left out here i juneau. next year though I'll drive down from fairbanks just you wait :mrgreen:
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:35 pm

LAredneck wrote:Whats up guys, great that we could meet before we start planning trips this fall. I've been chasein safes all night and finally found one that i want. Hey brett if you reed this before you head out give me a call and we can meet up there again and get to know each other more since we didn't get to talk much. Got me a boat on deposit from there, its a boat form the boondocks store in eagle river, gonna let me try it out before I take it home. :thumbsup:

Hey stouff, you know you said that my truck looked bigger in person well i though the same about you...think its about time to update that avator. :yes:

HAHHA

Boondocks is a GREAT store. Its my favorite gun store, they know me by name :salude:

And as far as the safes... I dont know what you had in mind as far as size, but the BEST deal I have seen in a long time was frum Sams Club. They have a up to 24 gun safe, 1200F for 30 min Fire lining, and weighs about 550 pounds. for $611

They said they had like 8 at their store, but would be gittn about 11 today, and put them out on Monday. I think they will sell fast. Might be werth lookin into :thumbsup:

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:37 pm

otterbfishin wrote:Hey Stouff,
Cool pics of the show. AKbrett, his son Patirck and I met this morning at about 9:30 at the north end of the tent.

Jesse, I just looked at my messages. Dont know why I didnt git that call... I had my fone on. Damn technology :hammering:

Sorry to not have met up w/ you too! Me and Brett Just got there about 11 am...... All well. Im SHURE we will meet up again soon :salude:

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:43 pm

Yea man that one from sams is the one i'm gonna get, awesome deal, if you can find a better deal then you probably stold it. Gonna go by today and set up a shipin date.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:41 pm

LAredneck wrote:Yea man that one from sams is the one i'm gonna get, awesome deal, if you can find a better deal then you probably stold it. Gonna go by today and set up a shipin date.

You mean yer gunna have it delivered?

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:36 pm

Yea shipin delivered whatever, same difference

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby akbrett » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:43 pm

AK Ray - Sorry I wasn't able to get there early this morning. I didn't actually make 'til 11:30.

LA - It's too bad I didn't check in this morning before I went or I'd have called you. Good to hear about the boat. The safe you two are talking about is the same one that I decided on after looking at everything there. I have seen it at the S. Anchorage store all winter but had really wanted to see what everyone else was going to bring out before I made my mind up. You are right on about Stouff needing to update his avator. I felt like a midget when I was standing next to him and his buddy.
akbrett
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:22 pm

akbrett wrote:You are right on about Stouff needing to update his avator. I felt like a midget when I was standing next to him and his buddy.

HA HA..

I will be makin a new avatar here real soon. I just need the parts first :cool:
--------------------------

Man, now Im feelin left out.... I shud git one of them safes cuz "everyone else is gittn one" :toofunny:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:15 am

Well brett just be happy that we don't have to aulter our blinds to keep us hidden :yes:

I figured there would of been some better sales on safes than what was there....hell you can buy two of those safes for the price of one on the bottom line browning safes.

I bought mine from the sams by the northway mall :thumbsup: they still have some so get'm while there hot, now i just need to find someone with a trailor cuz i would be kinda tuff gettin that heavy ass safes out a my truck :oops:

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:52 am

LAredneck wrote:

I bought mine from the sams by the northway mall :thumbsup: they still have some so get'm while there hot, now i just need to find someone with a trailor cuz i would be kinda tuff gettin that heavy ass safes out a my truck :oops:

Tell me bout it, Im thinkin bout seein if I can con my folks into gittn one :mrgreen:

Hmmm, When would you need help picken it up. I dont have a trailer, but I do have a much lower truk than yers :toofunny:

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:57 am

Well it has a electronic combo and hold 24 guns without the side shelves or 12 with them in but if you don't have that much crap to put on the shelves it has a top shelve. It just like the one you saw at the show.

It not the height of the truck it getin a 500 pound safe off the truck and on the ground without kill myself, so I think i'll be better off with a trailor and my fourwheelr ramps or two by twelves.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Hope it was fun

Postby Northern Stalker » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:18 am

I wasn't acle to make it down, but a couple of my ducks did!
Now to get them back in one piece.
Hope it was fun, hope Fairbanks' Outdoor show is good too.

-Northern Stalker
Northern Stalker
hunter

I waited and waited and waited

Postby AK Ray » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:07 am

but not for too long or else I would have had to buy an ATV for the little girl. She really wants one now. I am doomed. First she has to learn to ride her bike - thats the deal.

Jesse, the crowds are why I go on sunday morning. The church goers don't show up till noon or later.

LA, you bought a boat from Boondocks? It wasn't one of those "blow up doll" boats was it? I guess you won't be wanting to buy my foamer then if I sell it.

Stouff, good job on the trout pond. That is a first class bunch of welding. I like the dark tank liner, it makes it harder to see the fish and the fish appear to be less freaked out. Saw a 4yo boy chatch one of the big char.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Ummm yes it was the two seater camo inflatable boat :oops: , I have only put down a deposit right now, they said that I could come up and try it out in there river and see if I still want to buy it but. Why what wrong with them? What price would the foamer be I might just be interested, diffentally if its around the same price as the "blow-up doll".

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby akduse » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:16 pm

Say La, I got a really nice Pro Drive to hang off of that blow up for you :yes:

If you would be interested in combo let me know

Akduse
akduse
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:30 pm

Duse, welcome aboard!

I see you've been around for a while. Hope to see more of ya.

What kind of prodrive is it, if LA isnt interested, I might be.

Jesse, Thanks a bunch man. Too bad we couldnt meet up.

LA, If you need a dolly, a set of ramps, and an extera pair of hands, I MAY be able to help ya out.

Just lemme know,
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby akduse » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:05 am

Hey Stouff,
I have my whole duck hunting set up for sale and also another 27hp Pro Drive.

it is a 16/48 Lowe with a 27hp Pro Drive with trailer, boat blind everything goes with this set up for $6500.00 the other motor $3300 it will operate best on a 16 foot skiff.

I was planning on having a little Mud Fest this spring up at Jim Creek, Mud lake where everybody could come out and drive them and also maybe a cook out and if we get quite a few of us maybe a little Poker Run set up.

Yes I watch this board all the time and also the fuge one.
if anybody would be interested keep this post going and let us see if we can plan this get together. :getdown:
akduse
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:55 am

LA, I have never liked blow up boats that were not high quality rafts or pontoon rigs. The one stearns inflatable boat I have been in was too soft feeling to me and hard to paddle since it sunk down with me in it. It might work OK for you since you're so skinny. The good thing about the stearns boat is that you can put into a box and take it anywhere with you.

The foamer price is going to be $300, which is less than the materials cost and does not include my labor. I am not a pro builder so the labor is not important for me to recover.

Try both boats out this spring before you go to the sand. I live just a little ways from you in Muldoon, but I no longer can get on base since my job change this winter.

akduse - welcome - you should start a new topic for the mudfest. Looking forward to seeing your new Phatboy. No takers yet on the boat? My buddy is more than likely not going to go for the other one you mentioned. He is a former guide from MT and has had some near death experiences that keep him out of smaller boats. Some one here may be interrested in your friends boat.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:44 pm

Duse i hadn't planned on spending that much on a rig but thanks anyhow.

Ray, let me know where you live or let meet somewhere so i can take a look at the foamer, that close to the price of the inflatable and i can't even look at it until the 13th. Oh i'm not that skinny, it just that mamouth on my right that throughs things off. :laughing:

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:49 pm

Dang Stouff your a big boy!
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:15 pm

akduse wrote:Hey Stouff,
I have my whole duck hunting set up for sale and also another 27hp Pro Drive.

it is a 16/48 Lowe with a 27hp Pro Drive with trailer, boat blind everything goes with this set up for $6500.00 the other motor $3300 it will operate best on a 16 foot skiff.

I was planning on having a little Mud Fest this spring up at Jim Creek, Mud lake where everybody could come out and drive them and also maybe a cook out and if we get quite a few of us maybe a little Poker Run set up.

Yes I watch this board all the time and also the fuge one.
if anybody would be interested keep this post going and let us see if we can plan this get together. :getdown:

Duse, I dont know right now if I could afford something like that... but would be very interested in seein it if we all meet up at mud lake...

I think that would be fun, to have a lil AK DHC git together BBQ up there :thumbsup: When were you thinkin?

BTW- post sumthin up bout yerself, and some pics too :salude:

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting