Duck Hunting Forum banner

What a disgrace!!!!!!!!

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  foggyhunt 
#1 ·
What a Disgrace!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from a drive down to the Rabbit Slough boat launch and what a disgrace.

How is it that we live in one of the most beutiful places on this earth and we must be surrounded by SLOBS. If you all get a chance to drive down there and see what has become of this area over the winter please do so.
There is garbage all over, broken bottles, NEW TRAILS that were cut in over the winter and shell casings all over the place.

I would like to see how many guys that we can get together and have a day of cleaning up this area. I would be willing to even go and buy the bags and also to help haul all this junk to the dump. Please post up and let us get together to show that us duckhunters aren't the slobs who get blamed for trashing our areas of recreation.

Sorry for ranting.

Shannon

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm game fur cleanin up, my wife was just talking about that when we were headed up to palmer but they did have some comunity service kids out there cleanin.

#3 ·
Shannon, thats terrable....

I love Rabbit Slough, and would be more than happy to go help klean it up.

When were you thinkin? To be honest, I probably would not be able to go out for atleast another week-week and a half.

Just lemme know.
-Stouff

#7 ·
akbrett said:
I would definately come out and help out. Where is Rabbit Slough?
Take the Glenn north up like you are going to wasilla.

Take the first exit off the highway once you are about to enter Wasilla, tern left across the bridge. Then take another left onto the road going parallel to the highway. Follow this road down till you git to the old coffe shop, then cross the railroad track, keep going strait down the dirt road (still parallell to the highway), then its about 3/4 mile from the old coffee shop :thumbsup:

Im not the best direction giver... and the map isnt the best either, but it gives you the idea of where we are talkin bout.

On THIS map... It is the little stubby point that sticks out to the left on that short road parallel to the highway.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=wasilla&om=1&ll=61.545891,-149.253817&spn=0.018934,0.08523

Tell me if I was ANY help at all :oops:
-Stouff

#11 ·
I'm in for the cleanup. I'm good for this weekend but after that my days off shift to mid week. You guys just let me know which day and I'll be there with my boots and bags. It IS a disgrace for people to leave their trash behind them. Must have grown up without decent supervision. I've got a small pick uip but we can fill it with the stuff for a trip to the dump.
Jesse

#12 ·
I think it is because they shut down the lake by the Knik that some folks have had to move their wastefull lives to some other place nearby.

Last fall when coming out of the Lakes we saw a ruffie on the road. We stopped and started chasing it through the alders. In the process we walked through moose bones, and knee deep trash. The ruffie got away when I got more concerned about finding a bear snacking on a new chew toy. Maud Road out to the lakes is just as filled with trash, it is just that you don't have to drive or walk through it all the time.

Palmer has a transfer station that is free to drop at right? Why is it "easier" for people to drive all the way out to the Slough and dump their crap. It must be opportunity.

I am open for the 30th since Chris and I will be working on the boat on saturday and should get most of the rest of it done.

I'll send an email to the Friends of Palmer Hayflats and let them know about the cleanup. They may have something planned as well.

#14 ·
Drug addicts, what do you expect. no goods who sell drugs, live like pigs and i hope they all end up in prison. The local druggies are so low that they would trash Alaska. I would report this to one of the News stations. I bet they will get on this as a story. I would try KTBY Fox 4 first. But all of them might be interested. I wish I live in your area, I would love to help. Gas is a killer being on a fixed income.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.