How was the Clean up at the slough?

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

How was the Clean up at the slough?

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon May 01, 2006 2:04 am

Hey guys.

Super sorry I couldnt make it..... had family stuff that came up on sat.

So how did it go? How many ppl showed up? Did you guys take any picures?

-Stouff

-------------------------------

Ps- Jesse, just take a picture of where you want yer gas tank in the boat, and write down some dementions, Ill see what i can come up w/ :thumbsup:
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby otterbfishin » Mon May 01, 2006 9:51 pm

Stouff and All,
It was a great day !!
A bunch of us showed up and scoured the area around the launch, the adjoining woods and the trail out to the frontage road. We gleaned and cleaned all that was possible to manage with manpower, even using Shannon’s jeep to winch out stubborn old engine blocks, frozen in TV’s etc.
Terry from the Borough brought his flat bed stake truck with a lift gate which made removing the heavier stuff a lot easier. We dragged our yellow bags that grew heavier by the step. Nothing escaped our wrath, be it broken glass scraped up with a shovel, shotgun shells buried in the mud, paper, grocery bags, trash of all kinds, various old car parts, rotting wood, metal shot full of holes and the like.
We gathered it with a vengeance born of the disgust of those who would wantonly deposit it there as if the place was a dump, not a pristine launch for wonderful adventures of waterfowl pursuit in the fall. Rex’s and Shannon’s youngsters carried their fair share and suffered slipping into the water above the tops of boots, but ventured on without fuss. Good kids!
A car with the license plate reading “Kerry” showed up and looked on. I introduced myself, and told them we were a bunch of duck hunters cleaning up the mess left by bad people. Terry gave them yellow bags to fill, but the car soon retraced its path down the trail to the frontage road and away, leaving no full bags behind. Pretty sad pair of yuppies.
At the frontage road Terry had us pose for photos in front of the overloaded Borough truck for a photograph. I for one, would like to have a copy of that one. Jim, any chance of you snagging copys for us?
When all was said and done we gathered by the launch to share a few laughs, and I felt that bonds were sewn there that would last many hunts in the future. Lance, Jim, Shannon, Rex, Ben, Terry and Jesse. Hope I have not omitted any of the noble crew of that day, if I have, please chime in (the mind grows weak as the years possess it)!
We missed those of you who would have been there but were drawn by strings of life and work in other directions. We felt you there in spitit supporting the quest. All in all, a great day !!
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon May 01, 2006 10:52 pm

Wow :eek:

Jesse, sounds like i missed out on alot of fun :hammering:

All well, Im shure there will be another day like that soon to come.

Speaking of that... Anymore werd on that BBQ/mud motor git together?? :help:

Again, sorry i kudnt be there, but I think you guys found a way mangagew/o me :laughing:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Mon May 01, 2006 10:57 pm

Wow I must give it to you alaskans. If every hunter did this there would be no questioning the modern hunters integrity!
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue May 02, 2006 12:09 am

I'm glad I went, not only to help the community but ray showed me another place to hunt which already had birds and quite a few at that. And also liked the train'in area that I could use to get away from the base nutts and play with my pup. It wasn't that bad but could of used ya matt, maybe next time, coarse you might be taken my place next time.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue May 02, 2006 1:47 am

LAredneck wrote:I'm glad I went, not only to help the community but ray showed me another place to hunt which already had birds and quite a few at that. And also liked the train'in area that I could use to get away from the base nutts and play with my pup. It wasn't that bad but could of used ya matt, maybe next time, coarse you might be taken my place next time.

Dont werry, We'll find a good place and scout it out while yer gone, then you can jump right in...... like you wernt even gone :thumbsup:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Thanx

Postby akduse » Tue May 02, 2006 8:46 am

Just would like to express my Thanks to all that were able to attend the clean up. :thumbsup:
It was a great way for us to meet and to show others that we do care for what we sometimes take for granted.
To all that weren't able to attend maybe next time it will work into your time frame.

About the get together for the eat and greet and boat running day let us see when spring will finally get here and get rid of the ice. We will plan this when we can all look at our schedules and to see if and when everybody's fishing schedule allows.

Jesse keep us informed of the ice out up north and then will see about your boat and come up north to run the boats also.

And Ben if I don't see you before taking off be safe and know that we will be looking forward to hunting with you this fall.

Thanx Again,
Shannon :salude:
akduse
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Tue May 02, 2006 10:22 am

If Matt was there we could have gotten that rotten hide-a-bed out of the swamp, and wouldn't have needed the Jeep. :toofunny:

Matt, Ben now knows where your "back yard" is. It was full of birds, ducks, geese, cranes, and swans.

It was a good way to spend a day outside with some good people.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue May 02, 2006 6:35 pm

AK Ray wrote:If Matt was there we could have gotten that rotten hide-a-bed out of the swamp, and wouldn't have needed the Jeep. :toofunny:

Matt, Ben now knows where your "back yard" is. It was full of birds, ducks, geese, cranes, and swans.

It was a good way to spend a day outside with some good people.

Lol :toofunny:

Ill do my best to be there next time.

And fer the eat and greet....... I am most definitely looking forward to that :thumbsup:

Shannon, Great job on organizing the whole thing :salude:
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue May 02, 2006 7:17 pm

Burn a burger fur me :smile:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting