Need some help, ideas, or suggestions

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Need some help, ideas, or suggestions

Postby Mrs.LAredneck » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:09 pm

Hey guys...Ben's uncle came up here to visit (bought his plane tickets before we knew Ben was going to Iraq) and fish w/Ben. Well now that Ben's in Iraq that's obviously not happening, but his uncle would still like to fish. If any of you fish for King Salmon I sure could use your help! His uncle is wanting to go out King Salmon fishing before he leaves, but all we can find are charters out of Seward. Are there any charters or anywhere else to fish for the Kings in the Anchorage/MatSu Valley areas? I would appreciate any help you can offer. It would be great to get him out. We went down to Seward over the weekend and he went out on a Halibut charter...caught two pretty good sized halibut, a red snapper, and a black bass, but didn't have time for the king salmon charter. Thanks a bunch! ~Ashley~
Mrs.LAredneck
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:47 pm

AHHAHA

Someone take me too, lol. j/k

Id be MORE than happy to help ya out, but I dont go fishin... ok, Ill be honest, the only fishin I know how to do is Ice Fishin :oops: :mrgreen:

Lemme know if he wants to do something else :salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby skybust » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:35 am

call the deska landing they will have charters or tri river charters sorry I dont know the numbers.
skybust
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:54 pm

You can also call these folks for fishing on the little su. I took my mom on them a few years ago towards the end of the season and we both got our fish. Her's was bigger as usual. Right now fishing is not too bad on the local rivers if you know what your doing.

http://www.fish4salmon.com/index.htm
AK Ray
hunter

Mrs. L.A.

Postby otterbfishin » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:24 am

How long will he be here? When my relatives leave in mid July I would be glad to take him out on the river.
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby akbrett » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:40 am

Andy Couch and his guides on the Little Su are fairly reputable (see AK Ray's link). The Little Su and the Deska are both good rivers to try. The Deska has looser restrictions as far as times and the use of bait, but I've managed to boat 8 already this year on the Little Su.

If I were going back out for kings I'd gladly take him, but with my work schedule I'm not going to be fishing again 'til the 2nd red run on the Kenai.
akbrett
hunter

Re: Mrs. L.A.

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:34 am

otterbfishin wrote:How long will he be here? When my relatives leave in mid July I would be glad to take him out on the river.
Jesse

I talked w/ her yesterday, I believe she said they leave this Thursday.. so that probably wont werk.

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting