Have RV and Boat, Where to go?

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Have RV and Boat, Where to go?

Postby Chasfshnfool » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:24 pm

My bud moved up to Seward a little over a year ago. He is now the proud owner of a POS RV so I immediately booked a flight for AK to visit. We will be traveling fishing and hunting for 3 weeks at the end of August and half of September. This is a dream trip as one of us just got married (no kids yet), Im next soon, and my friend in AK will follow. This will probably be the last big guys trip for a long time and there will be guaranteed shenanigans.

I am the duck hunter of the three and without dropping thousands in the taking of Alaskans big game, waterfowl is looking to be the most BANG for the buck. Our friend who lives there will have Alaskan Residency so he will be the shooter on big game. The other two of us will just shoot winged fare.

So where do we go? We will be towing a 14' boat with small motor behind the RV and our plans are wide open. I am having a hard time narrowing the prospects right now. I am not asking for secret spots (PM me if your traveling to SC around thanksgiving or KY in January), but if you could share your suggestions, I would be very grateful.
Chasfshnfool
Newb

Re: Have RV and Boat, Where to go?

Postby Black Brant » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Go to Alaska Outdoor Forums, this place here gets a lot of lookers but few posters. I am way off the beaten path or I would say head this way. :beer: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/forum.php good luck and have a ball.
Black Brant
hunter

Re: Have RV and Boat, Where to go?

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Minto Flats....done, enjoy
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting