New to forum need help

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

New to forum need help

Postby Keller » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:06 pm

Hey guys, I have watched your site for a long time, but have never chimmed in. I had the oppourtunity to visit Alaska last year and duck hunt there. I had the time of my time of my life. I experienced duck hunting like never before. I plan on coming back next season. Last time I came, I hunted near Homer. I hunted with a guide. First time hunting with a guide my entire life. I have always watched the birds and done it myself. But this time i needed to do a little learning first. I think I can do it myself next time and needed a litte advice from the native hunters. I need to fly into Anchorage and rent a skiff somewhere between Anchorage and Homer. Obviously the closer I can rent one to Homer the better. I dread pulling it through the pass from Anchorage. If I have to I will just watch the weather and do it though. Any help on the boat rental thing would be great. Thanks everyone. Look forward to swapping stories and pics with all of you. Keller
Keller
Newb

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:51 am

Welcome keller :salude:

Glad to hear ya had a good time last season. Im not too shure bout the whole skiff thing, so I will let someone else chime in about that. But if you need help w/ anything else, or have any other questions, feel free to post em up, or shoot me a PM.

Hope to see ya round the site!! :thumbsup:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting