At UAF now

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

At UAF now

Postby AK Ducks » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:25 am

so I made it to fairbanks yesterday (barely) it was quite a road trip.
first my batterie died in Haines (left the lights on) then part of my muffler fell off. not a critical part. trying to get guns through customs got my truck searched ( the agent didn't understand why I would declare my friends guns) then I got lost in north pole and pulled over for speeding.( I followed the car in front of me because I didn't know the speed limit). so I'm here in my dorm room. we went rabit hunting but didn't get anything :thumbsdown: If I can get photo bucket to work I'll post some pics.
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby akbrett » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:58 pm

Sounds like quite the trip. Glad you finally made it. We usually got a few hares along old Murphy Dome Road or up the Steese Hwy about 15 miles. Another good place was Rosie Creek Sown the Parks Hwy a few miles.
akbrett
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:00 pm

Lost in North Pole?

How did you get lost in a one road town? :hammering: You guys came from a one road town. Or was it the fact that you're not used to roads not dead ending all the time at a cliff face or the saltwater? :laughing:

For ducks get to south cushman street near the dump/rifle range and hunt those ponds. There is a good bunch of guys out there - Northern Stalker is one of them.

Maybe I'll see you guys on September 10 if I get back to FBX from Ft YUK. I guess I won't be seeing you in Juneau this fall now that you are at UAF.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:25 pm

Glad to hear from ya.

Have a fun time up there :thumbsup:

Keep in touch and tell me when all the ducks leave :mrgreen:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:47 am

today we got lost in creamer's feild looking for ponds to hunt. we talked to fish and game the guy there was very hepfull he showed us the ponds that are the best to hunt. but we had a hard time finding them.
this weekedn (after opening day) we plan to try murphy dome for rabbits and grouse.

school hasn't started yet so I don't need to worry about homework just killing stuff.

yah us here in juneau don't know jack about driving on the highway. its quite the experiance.
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting