What now?

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

What now?

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:23 am

SO now that season is pretty much over, what the plans for next season? Building any new blinds? Plan on puting something together for a couple of places I found. Any new boat projects? Tried something out this year and didn't work out so revamping the system? I love the snow and winter but being as I miss 90% of the hunting and fishing I wish this crap would hurry up and melt.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:24 am

Lol.

Well its safe to say my system didnt wor :hammering: :yes:

Id love to git together w/ a few of you other guys and work on my calling.... that would be great. Errrr.......... I wanna build a boat next summer, but I have a feeling Im gunna wind up spending the money on my truk :toofunny:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:01 am

well now that I know how fairbanks works I will be changeing a lot/ like huntin spots and equpment. man though I am missing huntin.
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:24 am

There is still fishing to be done. You just need a snow machine, ice auger, sled, wind shelter, stools, tip up poles,.......there has to be something else I am forgetting.

Well, you don't really need all of that if you ice fish the lakes on base or in town(s). I was thinking about doing it for the first time this year. Yes you heard me right, 24 years up here and I have not yet ice fished. I have helped run a trap line up the Chena river at -44 below, but never fished through the ice. I think the kid might find it very interesting as long as she can keep warm.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby otterbfishin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:25 pm

Yea, AK Ray, me too. Been poking around these woods for almost 34 years now and ice fished for the first time last winter. Went with a co-worker who had the whole set up; snow machine with a sled that unfolded into a really cool shelter, heater, ice auger, etc. Fished about four hours at -20 degrees and caught four nice lakers! Yum, Yum. They have to be my favorite tasting fresh water fish! This winter I'm going with another co-worker that dosn't use all that "luxury gear". He has the auger, then buys the cheap tip-ups from Wal Mart and augers in three angled holes to put up a wind shelter with alder branches and visquene. Says that its snug and warm and you can watch the tip ups. Sounds like fun to me! Let you know how it works out.
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby ak_powder_monkey » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:27 pm

well I'm deer and goose hunting still oh and skiing Eaglecrest opens tomorrow, the first resort in AK to do so!
((* _________________ v ____ v
*)) __________________ v___v
((*~~~~~><)>~~~~____v_ v
*)) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~____v
ak_powder_monkey
hunter

Postby skybust » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:46 pm

I havent ice fished for years but Im going to do it this year. Got a power auger on layaway at walmart along with some poles should be fun. My dad has a shack like the one your friend had jesse so I be getting that from him since he doesnt use it.
skybust
hunter

Postby otterbfishin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:09 pm

You ever need someone to share the space in the shack, let me know!
Thanks'
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting