Best Mud Motor?

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Best Mud Motor?

Postby otterbfishin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:03 pm

Hyper Drive pro's and con's? Pro Drive pro's and con's? What about long tails?

Chris, how do you like your pro drive, did you get it hooked up to a forward consul, if so how do you like it?

I really don't have the bucks for a mud motor right now, but am interested in which motor gets the most bang for the buck.

Shannon?
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby skybust » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:41 pm

I started with a godevil 27 hourse long tail did ok but the biggest problem I had with it was the stearing it was like driving a barge you cant steart on a dime. Went to the 27 hours prodrive like it but I didnt care for the koler motor it you get the just a little bit of moisture in the fuel doesnt run worth a crap same thing with the go devil it was a koler. Then I got the 32 witha vangaurd engine strearing and reverse. I love it I havent use the reverse yet but I cant say enough about the motor my top out speed is 23 and I average just running normal 19. I think Shannon still has a 32 he might give you a good deal on call him.
skybust
hunter

Postby otterbfishin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Skybust,
What hull are you running? I remember seeing it briefly when I was there to see the Hybrid, but I can't remember. Was it a 20X60 Lowe? How does it go in the weeds and mud? Also, are you now operating it from the consul rather than the motor handle? One last thing... How's that knee, you running laps yet?
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby skybust » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:03 am

I run a lowe 16/48 using a center consual not running laps but been back to work for about a mounth. The knee has good days and bad ones just going to take some time
skybust
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting