Spring pics

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Spring pics

Postby akbrett » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:44 am

Sorry I haven't been around much lately guys. As some of you know I took a job rotating 2 and 2's on the slope last December. When I'm up there the internet access is a little spotty to say the least and now that we are out on the dirt clod, also known as Oooguruk Island (yes, that is how it is spelled with 3 o's) I'm sure the communications are going to get worse and not better. On the plus side I've seen a lot of really neat birds in the last couple weeks and managed to get a couple crappy pics of a few of them.

View of the dirt clod from our taxi.

some of the birds
akbrett
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:00 pm

All that and a pay check what else could you ask for!
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

The Slope

Postby otterbfishin » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:22 pm

Spent alot of time up on the slope between 76 and 82. Liked it at first, but it grew old. Never been to Oooguruk though, but it looks much like several other dirt clods up that way. I may have gotten tired of the place, but never got tired of watching the waterfowl. Enjoyed the Snowy Owls too! During that time I got to spend three summers on the Beaufort sea cruising around in a small research vessel. I've been almost hypnotized by the seemingly never ending waves and waves of Common and King Eiders, Old Squaws, Scooters and other sea ducks flying right on the deck in front of the boat in the fall migration. Really cool! Wish I could have hunted there.
otterbfishin
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting