Ray is in the bush

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Ray is in the bush

Postby AK Ray » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:09 pm

and getting some visitors now that the berry crop is dead and the fish are not in.

AK Ray
hunter

Postby Ducks4Coach » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:26 am

Good pic. Especially since you were behind the tractor, safe. My folks live north of Anc. and my dad says that he'll see those critters out all of the time when there is no food. He's even sent me a pic of a moose in their neighborhood. Pretty crazy.
-Coach

Going for 50!
Ducks4Coach
hunter

Postby otterbfishin » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:38 pm

Ray,
Cool picture. I haven't seen a grizzly all summer. Lots of blacks though. Well, I havent done a thing with the boat (s) to make them any more duck worthy than last year. With my lust for Rainbows, then Kings, then Rainbows, then Silvers, now Moose, I have just wasted all my off time each week having fun rather than working on the camo job I know I need. The freezer is stocked with salmon and burbot, but left plenty of room for the spike/fork I hope to find. Always leave room for ducks, but the past few seasons have not filled a very big spot in the old freezer. Had some really great hunts with some of you last year though, hunts that I'll always remember. Thanks.
Here's hoping for a great duck season and good eating until spring!
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby skybust » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:35 pm

otterbfishin

You going out opening day Ill be in Tetlin. Where have you been seeing all the black bears?
skybust
hunter

Postby akbrett » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:13 pm

Great Pic Ray.

We had a visitor here at work the other day too.

That was the first time I had gotten to see one of these bad boys in the wild. They are INTENSE. The next day we had a sow with 3 cubs at the dock where we catch the boat. FYI those cracker rounds really seem to work better than the bean bag shells. We had a great seat for the show up on the rig while security and the bear hazers ran around.

Otter- I hope that we can get together for another late season hunt. I really enjoyed it last year.
akbrett
hunter

Black Bears

Postby otterbfishin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:39 pm

Skybust,
On the Susitna north of Talkeetna between the junction of the three rivers and Gold Creek. See'um almost every time I run up that way. Mostly in the evening on the way back. See them on shore and swimming the river. I'm jealous of you being in Tetlin for the opener. Love to be opening the Goose season on the barley fields by Delta. Let me know how you do?
Thanks,
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Polar Bear

Postby otterbfishin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:42 pm

AKBrett,
Great photos!! Kinda spooky to think that that old guy might be prowling around the camp at night. Look both ways and under the rig before you head to the chow hall in the morning.
Good luck,
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby ak_powder_monkey » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:32 am

nice polar bear pics! Those things are freaking scary... Blackies are no big deal, grizz are kinda freaky but usualy scared as s... Polar bears thoug :eek: will stalk and eat you if you aint careful
((* _________________ v ____ v
*)) __________________ v___v
((*~~~~~><)>~~~~____v_ v
*)) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~____v
ak_powder_monkey
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting