ponds close to rabbit slough

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

ponds close to rabbit slough

Postby foggyhunt » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:14 am

i drove towards anchorage along the side road next to parks hwy to rabbit slough then turned right and drove down that bumpy rd to what looked like a small take out spot for canoe's and such.

can someone tell me how long of a walk on that trail next to the slough if one was to walk east into the flats before getting to a body of water to toss out the deeks? or do i really need a canoe as the water seem to be flowing east to west. Guess it was the time of the tide 2 nights ago but i wasn't payin attention to it being new to the area now. thanks.

also if someone should wish to tell me of a spot not so far from palmer where i can just park and walk to that's under 1/2 mile i'll give ya some birds if i get any.
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Postby akbrett » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:43 pm

foggy- I have never hunted birds north of Anchorage so I can't really give you any good info. I'm kind of surprised that one of the other other guys hasn't chimed in with a little info.
akbrett
hunter

Postby foggyhunt » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:00 am

im sorry, i meant if i were to walk west. the water was flowing west to east. had i walked east i would have walked back over the hwy and that's not what i was wanting to do. maybe i used the wrong creamer in my coffee. i did find out what's what over there weeks ago in mid Oct. thank you.
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting