Duck Hunting Forum banner

ponds close to rabbit slough

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  foggyhunt 
#1 ·
i drove towards anchorage along the side road next to parks hwy to rabbit slough then turned right and drove down that bumpy rd to what looked like a small take out spot for canoe's and such.

can someone tell me how long of a walk on that trail next to the slough if one was to walk east into the flats before getting to a body of water to toss out the deeks? or do i really need a canoe as the water seem to be flowing east to west. Guess it was the time of the tide 2 nights ago but i wasn't payin attention to it being new to the area now. thanks.

also if someone should wish to tell me of a spot not so far from palmer where i can just park and walk to that's under 1/2 mile i'll give ya some birds if i get any.

#3 ·
im sorry, i meant if i were to walk west. the water was flowing west to east. had i walked east i would have walked back over the hwy and that's not what i was wanting to do. maybe i used the wrong creamer in my coffee. i did find out what's what over there weeks ago in mid Oct. thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.