Computer Crash!!!!!

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Computer Crash!!!!!

Postby otterbfishin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:57 pm

I guess it happens to eveybody at least once. My computer just started working slower, and slower,...and slower. Called the local geek and he took the box with him and while cleaning it up completly destroyed the mother board!! Now what? He got a used mother board and another processer and brought the thing back.
Well, all ok except there is now NO sound!! He said it is a software conflict? What ever the ____that is? To make a long story short, we finally bought a new computer on line that will be here around the end of the first week in Dec.
So, I guess I'll be checking back in then????? Miss checking in with you all. Hope your thanksgiving holiday went well for ALL! Did you have wild mallard duck on the table beside the turkey? Now to look forward to the Christmas Holiday!
I'm a blessed guy !! My generous younger brother (60 years) just called and is paying for a trip for me to join him and my older brother (67) at his "Duck Club" (Hootsi Toosti!) near Chico California. I'm to leave on Dec 31ST on the "red eye" and hunt the following morning. I"ll be with my brothers huntingducks, geese and pheasants for ten days!!!!!!
The tears are too close to the back of my eyes. I grew up hunting with my brothers from age 7 till age 23. We hunted together every weekend of the season every year ( our dad was with us until the last few years of that time).
I'll let you all know how it went. So far the report is that there is too much blue bird weather, although this evening they had lots of birds working the deeks.
Later,
otter
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:41 pm

Sucks to here about your robot but yea it happens to everyone. Thankgiving was great and should have a great christmas. Hope you enjoy your hunting trip, you deserve it, i'll be headed down range during that time so it will be a while till I can check in on ya os have fun and lay the hammer down :thumbsup:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby skybust » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:05 pm

otter

Wish you and your family well for the holidays and have a great trip. Chris
skybust
hunter

Holiday Wishes To All

Postby otterbfishin » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Redneck, Skybust, AKRay, Brett, and all,
I want to thank you for your well wishes and return them two fold! I pray that every one of you on this forum have the best Christmas and new years possible. I know LA Redneck will be going downwind, but please know my prayers are with you for a safe and quick return to the duck flats! Look forward to shooting beside you next year! AKRay, it's like a brother in the blind! Skybust I can't wait to unload some #4's with you next year. Brett I sure hope I'm able to make it into your great spot with you late in next years season; one of the prettiest spots I've been to!THE BEST TO YOU ALL AND YOUR FAMILYS!!!!
otterbfishin,
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:22 pm

Otter,

I will be north of you in Lakeview OR for the new year. Have to go help my sister with our mom. The local marshes there (summer lake) are now frozen in according to forum reports.

I am trying to reach an internet buddy in southern OR about 200 miles west of Lakeview over the mountains, but he does not appear to be active online these last two weeks. Hopefully all is OK with him. He has some ponds with wood ducks all year long. I would love to take one while down there.

And I have just found out that Lakeview is only 260 miles by road from Chico. Of course that is through the back roads of the northern Serrias and we both know that the weather there changes all the time in the winter.

So, I am going to PM you my sister's home number and maybe things with the family will be calmer by the new year and I can take a day to come south and meet your brothers.
AK Ray
hunter

southern ducks

Postby otterbfishin » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:23 am

AKRay,
The rice fields down Chico way rarely freeze all the way over. It can be very cold in the blind so bring warm gear. Brother nick recommends using your shoe pacs over your waders. We'll have Nicks dog "Lou" to do the retrieving so probably not have to get too wet anyway. Greatly look forward to your making it down for a day or two, better plan on two. Lots of goose shooting at that time of year so bring BB's for them.
otter
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:05 am

Otter,

My sister tells me that one of her coworkers was hunting a warm spring this weekend that keeps part of the lake open. She is going to ask him if I can tag along while I am down there.

I'll know more on the 27th about what challenges we face for mom's storage stuff. I will call and let you guys know yes or no about my coming down. It would be a shame to miss out on the opportunity.

My daughter will be with me, and I don't know what I will do with her for the two days I would be gone. She may want to come down and go hunting with me, or she may want to stay behind and play with her cousins.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby otterbfishin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:52 pm

Ray,
That warm spring sounds interesting... For your daughter, she is very welcome to come with us. Either way it would be great to connect with you there. Hope all goes smoothly with your Mom's storage stuff.
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting