MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

Postby otterbfishin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:40 pm

I just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you fine Duck Hunters a very Merry Christmas. I Pray that this finds you all healthy, happy, and with a full box of shells waiting for next September 1st!

Learned that ducks hang around swans this year! The swans roto-till the bottom, kicking up lots of goods for the ducks to eat.

I took a pair of floating honker deeks and painted them white. Left the eyes and legs black. The ducks seemed to like them. Set'em up with the swans out furthest, then the ducks around, leaving a big opening in front of you. I'm going to cut a couple more of them in half and rig them to float butt up! That should sell it!

Thanks to all of you who helped me so much this season. Special thanks and prayers to LARedneck who will be going to Iraq for a spell, leaving in January. Take care and come home safe and healthy!! I'm looking forward to that hike to the pond.

Looks like AKRay may be able to join me and my two brothers for a duck hunt in the central flyway in northern California in early January! Wish us both bad weather and plenty of shells!
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:07 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE :party:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Christmas Gift!!!!!!

Postby otterbfishin » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:52 pm

I gotta have one of the best wives in the country!!!!

My Christmas gift is a Benelli Super Black Eagle II in Max 4 Camo !!!!!! Shoots 3 1/2", 3", and 2 3/4" shells, WOW !!!

Guess I can make a wall hanger out of my 37 year old Antonio Zoli side by side. Safety wasn't working right, sometimes it would slip on after the first shot causing one heck of a flinch and scramble to get off the second shot.

Just in time for the New Years hunt down south with my brothers and possibly AKRay!

Just had to tell somebody

Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:59 pm

Makes you wonder when she tells you all year that you have to save the money, and then springs a SBE II on you!

That is very nice Jesse, and if all goes well we will see you and your SBE II the night of Jan 2nd for the hunt the next day. It will be a good way to finish of the visiting with family all week.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby otterbfishin » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:15 pm

Ray,
Turns out that she was concerned that the safety on the old side by side wasn't working properly, and she also wanted me to have the new Benelli for the trip outside to hunt with my brothers. Couldn't afford it, just bought it!
Hope it works out for the hunt on the 3rd.
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby akbrett » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:43 pm

Congrat's on the new gun Jesse. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I hope that everyone had a good Christmas. I haven't been on much lately, life has been way too hectic. Speaking of greatest wives though Jesse, mine is in that class. She relented and agreed to let me get the boat. She even managed to get a little excited about the prospect of being able to do a little deer hunting next year.

I finally managed to get it home right before I left for work last time...
akbrett
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:14 am

Well there must be something in the water because my wife was just as loving this year. See

Can't wait to hear that Eagle scream next, good luck in CA. Nice rig Brett, yea i'm jealous.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby otterbfishin » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:44 pm

Brett, Wow! nice boat! Deep 'V' planing hull. Looks like you'll be finding everything you ever wanted to know about Prince William Sound and Reseruction Bay. Keep me in mind if you need someone to buy the gas!

Ben, What! A new truck! beautiful rig. Can't wait to see how you trick it out!

Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby akbrett » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Nice Truck Ben!

Just goes to show we all seem to have good taste in the women in our lives. They put up with our crap during hunting season and then do something nice for us.

I'm going to keep it in Whittier most of the year (55 min drive). I'd like to be able to get together with you all and do a little exploring/fishing/hunting/getting out of town and breathing a little salt air. Hopefully it works out.
akbrett
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:12 am

I am thinking that I made need one of those again. Wife I mean.

I am down in SE Oregon now sitting in the snow in the dessert. It took forever to get down here due to the storms in the mountains once I started heading east. I violated my rental car agreement and chained her up to get over the hills. And then kepth them on for another 50 miles due to the ice. I can't wait to be back in AK where the roads are safe to drive on when it is snowing.

Due to the weather I don't think I am going to take the chance going down to CA and then not being able to get back up to Portland to catch the plane. Still going to try a hunt here, but it it real icy right now. I'll call you brothers and see how things are in the next couple of days. Maybe this stuff will blow over before next week.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby otterbfishin » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:17 pm

AKRay,
Sure hope things work out for the hunt, but if not I'll keep in mind that cool hunt we shared near the creek! It still fills my mind. Be careful down there on that nasty wet ice! Looking forward to next years duck season, never know what it will bring... hopefully lots of ducks and good companions to share it with.
Jesse
As my Son would say, "Duck Hunters Rule!"
PS. The right Wife can be a Really Good Thing! Don't give up and remember to share equally! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.
otterbfishin
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting