Where Was Otter????

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Where Was Otter????

Postby otterbfishin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Deleted the story. Thot I shouldn't have used so much space here with it.
otter
Last edited by otterbfishin on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:11 pm

Nice story friend.

I was wondering how friday went. Toni said that there were too many times when the beans were almost spilled on the surprise.

I am glad that it all worked out.

Thanks again to you and your bother Nick for the morning hunt and to Toni for hanging out with my girl for the day. Jim and Neil are two great guys and made the morning lots of fun.

When that pintail dropped I didn't realize it at the time but my gun had jammed on the spent shell. Glad I didn't need a second shot. I think that that shell was not a good load because there was almost no recoil.

When I arrived back home I took the gun apart and cleaned everything. Now that it is oiled up it is stickier than before. I need to get the gun out to the range and loosen it up some more since it has yet to shoot the recommended 500 rounds of breaking in ammo.
AK Ray
hunter

Rem Oil

Postby otterbfishin » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:31 pm

AK Ray,
When I was in the blind on that stormy day the Benelli started feeding a little slow with all the sludge from the levee and rain. One of Nick's friends had left a can of "Rem Oil" in the blind. Nick said to saturate the action with it. I did so and it worked quick and slick. My wife will pick up a can for me when she is in town this week.
otter
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:00 pm

I like Rem Oil. I also like their Dry Lube product for when it gets wet and cold. I need to try that on the Stoegy. Now that the gun has "dried" for a couple of days it is not sticky. So the gun does not like to be lubed? HA! It just needs more shells ran through it.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby akbrett » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:24 pm

Jessie-

I wish I could have read the story before you deleted it. I always enjoy reading your posts.

As for the oil comments- I also like Rem Oil in my shotgun. For my rifles I use Rem Oil until the temp hits about 5 below. Then I strip the bolts and use a de-greasger to get all of the oil out. Once it is dry I use a graphite lubricant. This was something that worked real well when I used to shoot Biathalon, and when I hunted all winter in Fairbanks.

Brett
akbrett
hunter

Postby otterbfishin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:20 am

Brett,
I PM'd you the story.

Anybody else want to read it I'll be glad to PM it to you. It's a happy, tear jerker, true story.

Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting