Wake up

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Wake up

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:50 am

This forum should start waking up soon. Time to the get winter bones moving if your still in bed. Got a lot to do. Redneck's coming home soon......definitely need to get ready for that, lol.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby otterbfishin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:22 pm

Looking forward to your arrival back in the state. Hopefully we will have a good run of silvers this year. The kings were almost a bust. They even closed the Deshka river to preserve the few that are coming in. I've managed to get two very small ones so far. I will be back on the creek Saturday night after work and hope to get a bigger one. Need a couple more for the winter. Holler when you've settled in after your return. We've got some silvers to hunt.
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:11 pm

Yes sir i'm getting excited, been here long enough. Did you go fishing with Ray, thought I saw that on another forum. Sounded like you did really well there. I've still got some king meat from last year. Can't wait to tear into some silvers and get ready for duck season. Already got a moose hunt lined up so i'm pumped for that. Been working on those tundra legs, lol. Can't wait to get out to that pond....when its not frozen over. But i'm thinking either first thing after moose season or soon after. Should be a blast either way, take care see ya soon.

Ben

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby otterbfishin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Yea Ben, I was doing really good at building up for the pond hike, then I found I had a very worn out hip. Had to slow down a little. Still getting around good, but can't do the running thing. I'm not in pain and am building up by wading the creeks after rainbows.
Yea, Ray, HuntinDave and I hit the creek for some bows and had a blast. Then Ray had to go back to Anchor Town so Dave and I went after kings. We lucked out and got two. Daves was about 40 pounds and mine about 15. Happy to get any with the run being so low. I will try again Sat evening, Sun morning, Sun evening, then Mon morning and evening. Need those for the winter.
Hang in there. See ya soon.
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:42 pm

LOL, its ok we've got nothing but time. Part of the hunt out there is the walk. I love walking out there when its quite and cool, just to stop and look at the stars and think how small we really are. Then get set up and enjoy the sun rise and wait for the birds. Well don't catch'm all. Have fun and i'll see ya soon.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby OneLunG » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:39 am

I miss almost all of Duck season this year! Have to go to Sitka for training :(
OneLunG
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting