Want To See Alaska, The Final Frontier?
You Could End Up Charged With A Crime!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
The state of Alaska is one of two states that allows Right to Carry without a permit. But as you travel the great wonders of Alaska and bring a loaded, operable firearm, with or without a permit, you could be charged with a crime!
Alaska has 11 National Parks, some of which are larger than a few of the lower 48 states! But if you carry your legal firearm into any of these parks, no matter how remote they are, you are violating federal law.
This is the current, unfair situation that will continue to exist, if you don't take action right now!
The U.S. Department of the Interior has issued a proposed rule to eliminate, once and for all, this prohibition on Right-to-Carry in national parks and wildlife refuges. NRA is leading the effort to change this policy and we are very close to winning this important battle.
Not surprisingly, anti-gun and anti-hunting extremists are contorting the facts to try to continue this prohibition of self-defense. They are launching e-mail broadsides in an all-out push for their supporters to oppose this common sense measure. (Read a recent HSUS attack e-mail here: https://community.hsus.org/campaign/US_ ... xplanation <https://community.hsus.org/campaign/US_2008_parks_poaching/explanation> ).
These new rules cannot take effect until after a period of public comment. And make no mistake; our opponents are aggressively ramping up their efforts to try to convince the Secretary of the Interior to reverse his decision.
To combat this effort, you must take a few moments to submit comments on this issue by this Friday, August 8, 2008, by going to this web site: http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/c ... 648053d497 <http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocumentDetail&o=090000648053d497> (Select the icon next to "Add Comments")
You may also mail your comments to:
Public Comments Processing
Division of Policy and Directives Management U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 222
Arlington, VA 22203
Your comments will have the most impact if you use your own words. To assist you in drafting your comments, keep the following points in mind:
* Rules on carrying and transporting firearms should be consistent-across the board-with the laws of the state that includes the national park or wildlife refuge;
* Law-abiding citizens should not be prohibited from protecting themselves and their families while enjoying America's national parks and wildlife refuges;
* The new rules should provide uniformity across all federal lands, eliminating the patchwork of laws that create confusion for gun owners;
* Current regulations fail to account for the significant change in state laws since 1984. 48 states now have laws that permit laws that permit carrying and 40 have strong Right-to-Carry laws. Federal regulations should recognize the change in state laws and follow their lead, and;
* The new regulations should restore the rights of law-abiding gun owners who wish to transport and carry firearms for all lawful purposes on most DOI lands, just as they do now on Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management lands
Remember, all comments must be received by August 8. Submit your comments TODAY!
Please share this information with your family, friends, and fellow firearm owners and encourage them to act on this issue RIGHT AWAY by sending comments of their own!
Write Your Representative <http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/>
Write The Media <http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/media/>
Get Involved Locally <http://www.nraila.org/ActionCenter/GetInvolvedLocally/>
Register To Vote <https://ssl.capwiz.com/nra/e4/nvra/?action=form>
Please do not reply to this email as you will not receive a response. This email is a broadcast email generated by an automated system. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683.
Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030
If you wish to be removed from this list please click this link and you will be removed immediately: http://www.ilaalerts.org/UM/U.asp?B1.2.4444.3104482
* Please note: In their efforts to curb SPAM, many ISPs, servers and SPAM filters treat legitimate and legal bulk emails as SPAM. In order to ensure you receive NRA-ILA email alerts in a timely manner, please adjust your SPAM settings to accept bulk emails from the "nraila.org" and "www.ilaalerts.org" domains. Otherwise, there is a possibility that our email alerts will not make it to your inbox.
Home <http://www.nraila.org/> | Current Legislation <http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal> | Get Involved Locally <http://www.nraila.org/ActionCenter/GetInvolvedLocally/Default.aspx> | Register To Vote <https://ssl.capwiz.com/nra/e4/nvra/>
Contribute <https://secure.nraila.org/Contribute.aspx> | Edit Your Profile <https://secure.nraila.org/EditProfile/login.aspx>