Opener

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Opener

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Everybody got there spots pick out and ready for day one..........I sure as heck don't. :huh: But i'll figure something out.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby otterbfishin » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:55 am

I won't get to hunt the opener as I'm back on Wed / Thur off. Still don't have any plans. The prop hasn't arrived for the Merc. and the paint's not here yet for the little skiff so I guess it's back to hiking in to the river sloughs.
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby AK Ray » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:03 am

I'll spend the weekend getting the boat cleaned out, early season decoys bagged, second motion decoy set up, and the motor ready.....but.....I don't know if I will make it on monday morning.

The hip is bothering me a little after a lower back issue flared up. (I will never install sheet flooring again.) I can stand and walk all day, but sitting is a real pain in the backside if my butt is lower than my knees. And in the boat it would be just that. Maybe I can modify my new camping chairs with a hard pad to keep my butt higher.

Maybe I'll boat in and then push the boat into the grass and stand downwind of it or sit on the front deck half in the water. That might work OK, but lord help me if I can't get back up into the boat.

Maybe I need to take someone with me. Actually I need to just see what the next week brings for recovery. It would be nice to sleep all night again.

Otter and LARed If things are going well I may be up for some company on the opener and then later in the week take another day off before the weekend.
AK Ray
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:19 am

Well i'm just down the road if you need someone to help you back in the boat. That sucks man, hope your get well soon. I may not make it out on day one either. Planning a moose hunt in petersville but might find some pond to set up on first thing in the morning just to say that I did it. BUT I do plan on takein all of september off then weekending it come october. Anyhow my dog won't leave me alone he just sit beside me and stares at me like come on dad its time to go. Crap I need to get my stamps.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby otterbfishin » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:30 pm

AK Ray,
I'm available for a Wed (3rd) or Thur(4th) or both. Let me know.

LA Red,
Good luck on the moose hunt! Let us know how you did. Glad you reminded me about the stamp.
otterbfishin
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting