late season spots

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

late season spots

Postby drakeslayer49 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:38 pm

I am new to duck hunting, 3 yrs, and didnt have any good success until this year. my normal spot out in here in Palmer is pretty slow these days. I am wanting to find some different areas, but am limited on the type of hunting I can do, no dog or boat. Right now I am hunting a creek. I was hoping that after the lakes and ponds froze over things would pick up in my area, but it has not. Any suggestions on what else to do or where to go would be appreciated. :help:
drakeslayer49
hunter

Postby OneLunG » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:50 pm

I dont know anything really about hunting farther north...But I think its a safe assumption to make that most of the birds have moved out aside from mainly resident birds...?

Some people with more knowledge of the area should be able to chime in...
OneLunG
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Where pretty much froze up around here and the northern birds are pretty much gone. I assume your hunting the creek by the waste plant? The only other place I know about it skilack lake but you don't have a boat so your pretty limited. I'm bout done for this year, time to save up some more fuel money for next year. :thumbsup:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby drakeslayer49 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:05 pm

Your right about where the creek is. If only we could hunt in the field next to Nugens Ranch "Mallard Heaven". Guess its time to think about putting everything up for the year. Thanks.
drakeslayer49
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting