Alaska Caribou Hunt

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Alaska Caribou Hunt

Postby layoutboy8 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:39 pm

Hey guys I am from Michigan and I am looking to do a Caribou hunt somewhere in Alaksa. I would like to hunt this coming September. I would like to do an unguided hunt where they drop you off in the bush for about a week and you bring all your own gear. All i need to find is a pilot or guide service that will drop me off. I am looking for a really cheap price. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Just livin the american
dream.
layoutboy8
hunter

Postby waldo2382 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:50 pm

There are lots of transporters up here and there is a great forum you can google up, just type in Alaska Outdoor Directory and you'll find it. Lots of big game hunters, guides and transporters look on that site. Another good site is pristineventures.com. they have an area devoted strickly for transporter reviews.
A word of warning when you say you are looking for a really cheap price; as the cliche goes, "You get what you pay for." Depending on distance and the amount of people going with you, price can vary. Personally, the cheaper guys are going to be relatively new with smaller and possibly less "kept up" planes, or cannot compete with the quality of other transporters. There are many that I'm sure that can fit your budget that won't be the cheapest and won't be the most expensive.
I can't recommend any transporters since I have never used one. Always use my own toys so far.
Good luck, trip planning is always part of the fun.
waldo2382
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting