Changes in Regs 2009-2010

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Changes in Regs 2009-2010

Postby Naturegirl » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:11 pm

I noticed the limit changes for Pins went up from 2 to 4 and Canvasback is now 2 (was zero). It will be the first year since I've been hunting that canvasback are legal. They sure are a pretty bird.
Naturegirl
Naturegirl
hunter

Re: Changes in Regs 2009-2010

Postby MadDawg » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Arizona Duck Hunters,
Please note that when talking about limits, there is the bag limit and the possession limit.

The bag limit in '09-'10 for pintails is 2 and canvasback is 1.
The 'possession limit' is 4 pins and 2 cans.
And there's more but, check out the regs.

The post above is correct but, refers to possession limit (which isn't what you can take in a day...and not what you want to be caught with in the field).

But please...read the regs yourself and get the information straight from the source.

Best of luck this year!!
MadDawg
hunter

Re: Changes in Regs 2009-2010

Postby Naturegirl » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:11 pm

I apologize for the confusion and I thank you Maddawg for being more clear. Below is both bag and possession limits from 09-10 regs.

BAG LIMIT: The daily bag limit of ducks, including mergansers: Seven (7) per day not to include more than: two (2) redheads; two (2) pintails; seven (7) mallards, no more than two (2) of which may be female or Mexican-like ducks; three (3) scaup, and one (1) canvasback. Coots and common moorhens (gallinules): Twenty-five (25) per day, singly or in the aggregate. Geese: Six (6) white geese (snow, including blue and Ross’ geese) per day and three (3) dark geese (Canada and white-fronted) per day.

POSSESSION LIMIT: The possession limit of ducks including mergansers: Fourteen (14) after opening day, only seven (7) of which may be taken any one day, but no more than:
a. four (4) redheads
b. four (4) female mallards or Mexican-like ducks
c. four (4) pintails
d. six (6) scaup
e. two (2) canvasbacks
Coots and common moorhens (gallinules): Twenty-five (25) singly or in the aggregate.
Geese: Twelve (12) white geese (snow, including blue and Ross’ geese) and six (6) dark geese (Canada and white-fronted).
Naturegirl
Naturegirl
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting