Ringneck ducks

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Ringneck ducks

Postby assateague » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:21 pm

I'm new to the state and I've tried to figure out on the game & fish website how many ringnecks I can take, but I can't do it! Am I allowed to hunt these here? Also, the places I've scouted seem to have a lot of what appears to be a cross between a bluebill and ringneck- has anyone ever seen such a bird? I apologize for my ignorance. I've been ducking for years, but always at home on the Chesapeake and coastal bays. (It took me three weeks to figure out if my leg was being pulled by someone talking about "Mexican Ducks"!) So far my scouting has been pretty good, just these issues with the "cross-breeds". I don't want to get into any trouble! Thanks for any info.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Re: Ringneck ducks

Postby duckninja » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:02 am

You can shoot ringnecks. The limit is 7 per day this year, but why ringnecks? Have you ever cleaned a ringneck? Eaten one? As far as a hybrid, I am not familiar with one.
duckninja
hunter

Re: Ringneck ducks

Postby assateague » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:16 am

Can't be any worse than a bufflehead, and I've actually developed a taste for them! Thanks for the info.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting