Colorado River Indian Tribe

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Colorado River Indian Tribe

Postby StealthModePimp » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:59 pm

Anyone here hunt the CRIT? I hunted the river last year out of my 16x52 allweld with 24hp beavertail and had good success but wanted to see if anyone has hunted there this year. IM me if you want to trade field reports.
StealthModePimp
hunter

Re: Colorado River Indian Tribe

Postby azbullsprig » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:58 am

CRIT is holding birds for sure. You will just have to get out there and scout to see where they want to be. 24 hp mud motor on a 16x52 ? Sounds like your under powered a bit. How does that 24 work when you have 2 or 3 hunters in the boat with gear? Not being a smart ass, just curious. I had a 35hp Briggs & Stratton
Field Staff:
Buck Gardner Calls
www.buckgardner.com
Memeber:
California Waterfowl Association
Ducks Unlimited
azbullsprig
hunter

Postby StealthModePimp » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:17 pm

With 3 guys, gear and 2 dogs, it's a little slow moving up river, but I have never had a problem. Do you know what the water level is like? Abnormally low, normal, etc.? A few thousand birds have left the lakes I hunt here in NV a few weeks back and I was hoping they followed the Colorado. The migratory push seem to have began. New birds are in up here. Let me know your thoughts.
StealthModePimp
hunter

Postby azbullsprig » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:39 am

I had a friend hunt near by there and himself and three guys limited last weekend by 8:30 am> Said it was a dream hunt.
As for the water level, I dont know. I would assume it is low considering we are in a sustained drought? I would try to find a slough across from one of the agriculture fields and set up there
Field Staff:
Buck Gardner Calls
www.buckgardner.com
Memeber:
California Waterfowl Association
Ducks Unlimited
azbullsprig
hunter

Postby Naturegirl » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:11 pm

Do you have to get a special Indian permit/authorization to hunt there? Oh that just urks me.
Naturegirl
Naturegirl
hunter

Postby StealthModePimp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:11 am

Yes, the rev pass is around $100 but its valid for a full year. They follow all other federal duck regs.
StealthModePimp
hunter

Postby StealthModePimp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:15 am

Nice. Dream hunts are always nice and in the desert, chasing the flying creatures from the North is always a challenge. Thought my boss was going to let me off today and I was going to head down there for the morning. Nope, stuck in a trailer while all other Union hands are at home.
StealthModePimp
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting