New to AZ

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

New to AZ

Postby zmh14 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Hey Everyone,

I just moved down here from Oregon and am having duck hunting withdrawals. I have been struggling to find information on general areas to do some duck hunting in AZ. Can anyone help me out please? I live in the Phx area but I am willing to make a drive on the weekends.

Thanks for the help.
Zach
zmh14
Newb

Re: New to AZ

Postby lostduckhunter » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:46 pm

hey im from ca got the same problem. im in mesa so if your still interested id like to try and get out.
lostduckhunter
Newb

Postby MIAZquacker » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:34 am

Hey guys, I am in the west valley, same problem. Only place I know of that we could try is the Robbins Butte area out by Buckeye. Also heard of some spots further north, let me know if either of you are ever going out and would let me tag along.... although all my dekes are in Michigan. Either of you into coyote hunting?
MIAZquacker
hunter

Postby rcdinaz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:48 pm

look at the post below I just made my best attempt to answer the same question.

Lots of places to coyote hunt but it is just way to hot to do the desert hunts right now. The coyote hunting up north is very good in the summer and the cool weather a very welcome change.
One of the greatest skills you can develop is the ability to ignore those that annoy you...
rcdinaz
hunter

Postby bubbacrabb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:11 am

hey fellas, Im in north phoenix, I17 and deer valley area. Im lookin for the same thing. Want to do some kinda hunting. I got a coues tag for 21 this month, been scouting a lot and seeing some deer. I know a lot of good coyote spots. I got a good place I shoot out by my work out here just north of Ben Avery, if you guys ever feel like doing some shootin or we can look into where to do some duck hunting I'd be more than happy to join or get the ball rolling. I'm so dang bored out here. When I lived in indiana i'd of had 4 does down by now!
bubbacrabb
Newb

Postby countryboy32c » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:08 am

I know what ya mean I just moved here from kansas. And Im bored as hell and lookin for good spots to hunt. Im up by the show low area. I have scouted 1 decent area to duck hunt and lookin for more places. I have noticed it was easier to get a tag and go deer hunting in kansas than it is here!
A countryboy can survive
countryboy32c
hunter

Postby bones498 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:46 pm

zmh14- I know your pain. I lived in Yuma for 4 years before moving to Oregon. The Gila River near Buckeye is an option, Flagstaff can be ok before the freeze, if you have a boat and are willing to drive 3-hrs the Colorado River north of Yuma can be good in Dec and Jan (send me a PM and I will give you some directions to backwater lakes in that area), Cibola WMA is also an option. If you like jump shooting pull out your map and look for holding tanks (small ponds) that are all over the desert around PHX.
Good Luck....
bones498
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting