Let the countdown begin!

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Let the countdown begin!

Postby rcdinaz » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 pm

So we have 71 days until the season starts! :grooving:

I Saw Rio Salado was running some clay sessions to warm up for dove, should be great for duck As well.
One of the greatest skills you can develop is the ability to ignore those that annoy you...
rcdinaz
hunter

Re: Let the countdown begin!

Postby BigJls1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:06 am

:thumbsup:

It aint helping that there are a million white wings moving around in huge flocks, I cant hardly wait the 27 days till dove opener.

I wonder if there are going to do the same really dumb youth opener the weekend before. If they really want to get youth numbers up they should open youth like on a thurs and fri , then adult season open on Sat. I hunt with a 16 and 17 year and would very easily take and extra few days before the season and help them call ducks in and watch bird patterns. But to drive up for a weekend for them and then drive back up again the next weekend is just not feasable or econmical for most sportsmen. I did write a letter to Fish and Game with this option.....so we will see.
BigJls1
hunter

Re: Let the countdown begin!

Postby rcdinaz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:49 am

That is a very good idea. I hunt mostly up on the Rim and have the same issue but my kids are a little younger. I usually take them later in the season since there is too much going on the first couple of outings. Your suggestion is actually a very good one for any hunt even deer, give them 2-3 days before the weekend it wont affect the hard core hunters a bit and the casual crowd would be much better off.

I cant remember seeing this many white wings in huge groups flying through the valley in a long time. Although last year I had all my WW's in about 30 minutes and had to stand around waiting for the Mournings or Eurasians to fly over.
One of the greatest skills you can develop is the ability to ignore those that annoy you...
rcdinaz
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting