Looking for hunting partner

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Looking for hunting partner

Postby duckbio » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Hello all,

I recently moved to Tucson and am looking for someone to hunt waterfowl, doves, quail, and other small game with. A little bit about myself, I moved from Missouri with my wife who is in the Air Force so we won't be here in about 2 years. Started waterfowl hunting in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. I have my own decoys including both ducks and geese. Driving isn't a problem. Have my own calls, pretty good at it with two 2nd places in MO state in both duck and goose in 2008. If interested, email me, Dale at dewfyb@yahoo.com
"Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but political correctness is killing me."
duckbio
hunter

Re: Looking for hunting partner

Postby rcdinaz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:22 pm

I would love to get some expert advice on calling! I am in Chandler about 1.5 hrs from Tuscon. If you are up this way let me know I don't mind sharing a little about where we hunt and some of the trips we will probably make to other parts of the state.

I will shoot you a PM once the season gets here and we have an idea where we will be hunting and when. We are usually up on the rim the first month since it is still pretty warm in the valley. We hit some of the lakes around the valley after that. The nice thing about the desert lakes is you can chase quail later in the day if the ducks aren't flying.
One of the greatest skills you can develop is the ability to ignore those that annoy you...
rcdinaz
hunter

Postby esudac » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Dale, I can give you hand on getting started here in AZ. I retired from the USAF in 2004 and settled here. I also work down at DM quite a bit so we might be able to hook up for lunch or something to talk ducks. As you know its real tough out here but there are ducks to be had. I've got two other buddies that I hunt with and we do pretty well. Got some trips planned for up north for the early season. I could also use some help and company in my Otter 2000 that I bought last year. Was also planning some trips in the Yuma area. Hit me up with a e-mail if your interested. Ed
ed.sudac@hdtglobalcom
esudac
hunter

Postby MIAZquacker » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:47 am

I am AF stationed up at Luke, still looking for the honey holes, and any decent place to shoot some birds, not much luck in the PHX area, I am heading north when I get back from Kuwait to try find some spots, I am always down to group up and also if I find any spots I would love to have a few others join me. I get back in Oct. I will keep you all posted on my luck.
MIAZquacker
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting