Show low area?

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Show low area?

Postby MIAZquacker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:26 am

Does anyone know of any lakes in the show low area (within an hour or so) that are open to hunting? I was just looking around and came upon Fool's Hollow lake up in that area, does anyone know if its open to hunting? Open to basically anything within 2-3 hours of phoenix for a couple nights camping and some duck/predator hunting when I get back from my deployment in a few weeks. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
MIAZquacker
hunter

Re: Show low area?

Postby rcdinaz » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:16 am

First thanks for your service! :thumbsup:

Fool's Hollow is a very cool lake with some resident geese at the very back of the lake. I was there last month and if you could get to the back of the lake it would be great. I have not checked with game and fish to see what the restrictions are but since there is camping everywhere I would guess you wold have to go to the back.

Check the game & fish website there are a lot of places to go and they list them out pretty well. Jacques Marsh or Pintail would be easiest for you but you need to see if they have flooded Jacques or it is pointless. Oh by the way the coyote calling oppty's up around Pintail or just past Jacques are very good.

When do you get back into town?
One of the greatest skills you can develop is the ability to ignore those that annoy you...
rcdinaz
hunter

Postby MIAZquacker » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:16 am

Thanks for the info, I get back sometime around the middle of Oct, they haven't given me a date yet... Definitely looking forward to getting back. If I can't find any ducks hopefully I can at least knock down a yote or 2.
MIAZquacker
hunter

Postby rcdinaz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:56 am

When you are calling allow more time than usual and you may get a bobcat to show pin those areas. Good luck!
One of the greatest skills you can develop is the ability to ignore those that annoy you...
rcdinaz
hunter

Postby MIAZquacker » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:56 pm

That would be awesome, have only ever seen one, and that wasn't while hunting. A Bobcat would be a nice little trophy in my book.
MIAZquacker
hunter

Postby rcdinaz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Still on my list as well! I have seen a few but not with a gun in my hand.

I did call in a mtn lion which is now a rug on my wall, probably the 2nd best trophy I have.
rcdinaz
hunter

Postby MIAZquacker » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Mtn Lion is on my too, hopefully this fall/winter. How big was your cat? what is your #1 trophy'?
MIAZquacker
hunter

Postby rcdinaz » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:59 am

Best place for a lion is probably the San Carlos reservation where I shot mine. Not very big, around 90 lbs but I have lived here my entire life and only seen 3 of them. Saw a huge one last year on the res but it wasn't sticking around to see what we were going to do.

#1 has got to be the desert big horn I shot about 5 years ago. Amazing animals and an amazing and difficult hunt.
rcdinaz
hunter

Postby countryboy32c » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:06 pm

I have recently moved to Snowflake. I have been checking out Pintail lake. Been there a couple times walkin round and have seen crapload of ducks. If interested let me know. Thats where I plan on doin some duck huntin my first year here.
A countryboy can survive
countryboy32c
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting