What are some cool ducks

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

What are some cool ducks

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:51 pm

What are some cool ducks that come across arizona i would like to know what would be the trophy duck
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Re: What are some cool ducks

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:10 am

arizonaduckhunter13 wrote:What are some cool ducks that come across arizona i would like to know what would be the trophy duck

i can't really answer your question about ducks specific to the arizona area. i am gonna move this thread to the arizona forum because i think you'll get more accurate responses there.

if these ducks are there, some of my personal favorites are the canvasback, redhead, mallard and pintail. (i am sure i am not the only one.) i want to say that i remember hearing about the pacific flyway being full of pintails and teal. (i should have added cinnamon teal to my list... :smile: ) hth!
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:36 am

When I lived in Nevada, Mallards where a trophy. We killed plenty of redheads, cans, sprigs and teal, but, mallards where kinda rare back then. ANY duck that turns to my call and gets killed...THATS a trophy :yes: :yes: :yes: Y'all have a nice day :thumbsup:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:30 pm

ya there is alot of wigeon and green wings here kill at least two of each every hunt
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:50 am

Well I've got myself a Goldeneye and Cinnamon teal in AZ. I've seen some nice Redheads, Sprigs and RingNecks in town.

The nice thing about being in the south is whatever we have for ducks we have them in full Plumage.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby mr.smith » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:15 pm

Last season I got:
Widgeon
Greenwing teal
Cinnamon teal
Ringneck
Pintail
Spoonie
Mallard
Canvasback
Gadwall

This year I want to head up north (Flag) and try to get a redhead and a bluewing. I also want to get a goose this year. I havent ever seen a scaup or goldeneye. I shot a bufflehead the year before last they are pretty neat looking.
That's Quacktastic!
mr.smith
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting