Quail

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Quail

Postby pointingdogs » Thu May 18, 2006 8:18 pm

My apologies for not keeping in touch . Work got a little slow in MN so I hooked up the travel trailer and went to Las Vegas to work for the winter. I had about three weeks here before the union hall hooked me up with a job . So I got some time to explore the area. I came over to Western Arizona and checked out some spots for Gambels ; the dogs and I found them ! I was totally impressed. The weather was a little warn in Jan. and Feb. for the dogs and I , nothing like Minnesota. I also checked out some Chucker and Duck spots in Nevada.
Light12 Did you get chance to do any quail hunting this season? Anyone else get a chance to get out ?
I will be leaving the first Friday in June to head back to St Paul. It’s getting to hot here, it was over a hundred degrees yesterday in Vegas.

Good Luck , Pointingdogs.
pointingdogs
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu May 18, 2006 10:28 pm

Good to hear from ya. I wondered what happened to ya. I only got out 2 or 3 times for quail this year. I turned up the duck hunting and chose not to shoot the quail I saw until heading back to the truck. I found a couple of new spots tho, I will take advantage of before ducks start next year. I also learned a Suzie feeder call will drive a cozy of quail nuts. Keep that in mind for locating them in the future.

Your a smart one heading north this time of year. Some of us are stuck here to til death do us part.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Wed May 24, 2006 9:38 pm

yea i went out at least 20 good hunts quail season...really got into a whole mess of them...now i see them running across the baseball fields while i'm practicing just makes me so :pissed: but then i think...hey more for next season :yes:
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu May 25, 2006 11:27 am

I was a my friends the other day and I think I am going to start hunting Paradise Valley. The quail are as big as chickens their. Just have to dodge the Mercedes.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Thu May 25, 2006 9:25 pm

down near...the golden valley area they always seem to fill the freezer
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby pointingdogs » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:16 pm

The company I work for asked me to stay for another month. So ; here I am in Nevada until June 26, damn this place is hot , already 110 degrees. To make things worst the electricity in the RV park keeps going out! The up side !!!! There are Georges women here! Wow , eights, nines and tens everywhere . I will definitely be back here next winter . :yes: :yes: :yes: Hunting anyone! :thumbsup: Vegas, Yea baby :salude: :salude:
pointingdogs
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:42 am

Good to hear you'll be back next fall. Keep in touch and lets see how my fall works out. I should be able to get out that way.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby duckslooser » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:17 pm

Ya, we went up to Camp Verde today and got into amess of them but managed to only get 6.
duckslooser
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:34 am

I have yet to make it out this year. I've been chasing ducks on my free days. I may go for a morning hunt this weekend. My hunting buddies are out deer hunting in wisconsin.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby pointingdogs » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:19 pm

Has the 2007-08 quail season started yet and has anyone been out?
pointingdogs
hunter

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:19 pm

starts in two long long days lol hope to start blastin em soon
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby pointingdogs » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:57 pm

Dang it, :sad: I volunteered to work Saturday. It's hard to turn down overtime. May be I will go out Sunday. Tell me how it goes on Quail opener. smile
pointingdogs
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting