Alamo

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Alamo

Postby blindbound86 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:33 am

Good mornin fellas,
I am considering trying to hunt alamo this weekend. I have been there fishing but it was a few years ago. Only trouble is that i dont have a boat. I have a dog for retreiving but i was just wondering if any of you could tell me if there is anywhere it is feasible to walk in. I do not mind a long walk i will put the work in for a hunt but it is a long drive for me to not be able to hunt. Any help is greatly appreciated.
assateague wrote:Know what tolerance is good for? Making more sissies. It's like sissy fertilizer.
blindbound86
hunter

Re: Alamo

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Not sure where your talking about but if you tell me of PM me i'll do some digging for you.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby blindbound86 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Thank you La, i surely appreciate it. pm sent. Im headed back to phoenix from california this week and may make a detour to scout it some.
assateague wrote:Know what tolerance is good for? Making more sissies. It's like sissy fertilizer.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Bad new unless othewise there's a change that I don't know about

Alamo Lake and the Bill Williams River region
Waterfowl hunting is not allowed on the Bill Williams National Wildlife Refuge. Call the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service at (928) 667-4144 for additional information.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby blindbound86 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:20 pm

good news! the river that feeds alamo is off limits but the lake proper is state park and good to go for waterfowl hunting. got the word from a FED warden himself. will get up pics and let ya know how it goes.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 am

Well what's the word man :hammer:

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby blindbound86 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Well, Alamo trip has been postponed until next week so i will keep you updated on that. Work obligations got in the way of me making the trip. went out a little closer to home instead and went to Arlington wildlife area, a nice little spot if any of you hunt the west side only had 1 flock work but it was a good size set of mallards right at shooting time. I got 1 nice lookin drake and bupkus the rest of the morning. It was all well worth it though because i kept my boys home from school and brought them along I always have a good time when i get to take the kiddos with me. will get a picture up as soonas i figure out how.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:22 am

Hate this work mess, always gets in the way...I retire from the military in eight years then my wife gets to support me :grooving: And my new job will be laying the hammer down on ducks and ripping lips.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby blindbound86 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:28 am

...I retire from the military in eight years then my wife gets to support me And my new job will be laying the hammer down on ducks and ripping lips.

best idea i ever heard :thumbsup:
blindbound86
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:23 am

blindbound86 wrote:
...I retire from the military in eight years then my wife gets to support me And my new job will be laying the hammer down on ducks and ripping lips.

best idea i ever heard :thumbsup:

BOOM!
Check out my FaceBook Page Azduckmensunion and like it... lots of talk about waterfowl going down all season long... https://www.facebook.com/Azduckmensunio ... e=bookmark
MOB40
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting