WEEKLY REPORT...

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

WEEKLY REPORT...

Postby MOB40 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 pm

POST HERE....
Check out my FaceBook Page Azduckmensunion and like it... lots of talk about waterfowl going down all season long... https://www.facebook.com/Azduckmensunio ... e=bookmark
MOB40
hunter

Re: WEEKLY REPORT...

Postby bass3859 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Had 3-4 groups of wigeons and one group of mallards locked up on our decoys early, but could only manage one wigeon today. We were done and packed up by 8:30. I was surprised at the number of ducks we saw, considering how warm it got. I was sitting in the water by 8:00 just to cool off a little.
bass3859
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Good to hearthe birds are out there, but sorry to hear you only manage one... So where about were you hunting???
Check out my FaceBook Page Azduckmensunion and like it... lots of talk about waterfowl going down all season long... https://www.facebook.com/Azduckmensunio ... e=bookmark
MOB40
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:15 am

Other than knowing he's up in the Chandler area I doubt he'll tell you lol
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MOB40 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:40 am

YEAH I FIGURE THAT JUST WANT TO KNOW IF IT WAS IN CHANDLER ECT THATS IT... I DONT THINK ITS SAYING TOO MUCH...
MOB40
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:08 pm

My guess would be east if he likes to travel but there's some decent spots South of him and of course North always holds birds

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MOB40 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:15 pm

is it me or just that the week before thanksgiving was just good for birds moving cause i bagged out and so did him...
MOB40
hunter

Postby bass3859 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:19 am

One of the local rivers. Don't know that I will make it back out there, though. Flows have increased, and I don't really want to go for a swim cause I can't stand up.
bass3859
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:24 am

GOT 2 ON SAT "GAD'S" HAD FEWE FLY OVERS PROBALY LOCAL DUCKS CAUSE THEY NEVER BLINKED AN EYE JUST KEEPED GOING...
MOB40
hunter

Postby threedogs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:02 am

Do you guys mostly chase ponds and rivers? Do you have boats? :huh: Just making conversation, I think. :smile:
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:00 am

I HAVE A BOAT, WADERS DEKE'S NO DOG, I HUNT MOSTLY ON THE RIVER NEVER JUMP SHOOT NOT FUN TO ME, I ROOSEVELTE IS CLOSE TO HUNTING, HEADING TO ALAMO THIS WEEKEND FIRST TIME ON BIG WATER THIS SEASON...
MOB40
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Everything but a boat but working on that. Hunt wherever I can find ducks, new to Az still but learning more everyday just sucks everything is so far away that I need to stay a few days to learn where the ducks are on the area i'm hunting. Enjoy scouting when I have the time and gas money. Would love to find the geese that I know come through here, have deks for them too :thumbsup:

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby threedogs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Well I can lend out a camoed kayak for hunting down in this area if needed.

As for Wjitewater, they only allow camping in one parking lot and there is no need for a boat down there.

I did check out La Playa down at Wilcox and I didnt see much water there either.

I'm going to hunt Rosie come Sat morning. If anyone is up there say hi to the guy in the Gator Hide looking boat...........
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:19 pm

If you take my wife and I goose hunting I will glady blindfold us and the dog too :yes:

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby threedogs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Any goose I shoot are purely by accident. There arent enough around, at least where I hunt to hunt specifically for them.

My boat only has two shooting holes altho it is a 1752 made into a hyde boat. I would be happy to have any one person at a time hunt with me. I'm asumming it wouldn't be your wife?? :biggrin:
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:04 am

Easy killer, only one barrel going up that smoke hole :fingerpt:

I swear I saw hundreds apon hundreds the day of the Nascar race in Phx. All headed towards Roosevelt

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby threedogs » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:18 am

Yeah when I lived in Phx there were a lot of geese around but they hang at all the golf courses, park lakes, Indian res etc. They very seldom go anywhere I have hunted. I have accidently ran onto a few but that was rare. At Alamo I tripled on white geese but never saw anotheer out there. Thats just the way it is...
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting