Picacho reservoir

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Picacho reservoir

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 am

Went out to check on the water in picacho reservoir and its bone dry! Sucks since i've heard the state was supposed to keep water in there and heard they found some new birds out there that don't normally inhabit the area. Awesome place to hunt when there is water. Would LOVE to see that place when the water level is at its peek. Anyhow don't waste you time driving out there unless your dove/quail hunting.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Picacho reservoir

Postby MOB40 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 am

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP! YOU BEEN TO THE WHITEWATER DRAW EVER???
Check out my FaceBook Page Azduckmensunion and like it... lots of talk about waterfowl going down all season long... https://www.facebook.com/Azduckmensunio ... e=bookmark
MOB40
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 am

Not yet but plan too, buddy went a few weeks back and killed some. Only thing is its like two hours away and for that type of run to make it worth while i'd like to camp out for the weekend so I've got some planning to do.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MOB40 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 am

YEA IM PLANNING A TRIP TOO NEVER BEEN THOUGH, CANT WAIT TO GET DOWN THERE IM 3 HOURS AWAY LOL SO I'LL BE CAMPING TO...
Check out my FaceBook Page Azduckmensunion and like it... lots of talk about waterfowl going down all season long... https://www.facebook.com/Azduckmensunio ... e=bookmark
MOB40
hunter

Postby JC Hunter » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 am

I've heard from a hunter that stops in at my meat shop that he's had good luck out of Picacho, unfortunate that it's dry now.
JC Hunter
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:05 am

When there is water its the best water hole around the Tucson area. I would love to see that res when the water is as full as it can get.

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby threedogs » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:09 am

I went down there just to take a look. The south end is just a little place that they flood and and the day before the season opened the guy had just started . He told me he only had one pump and it would be 2-3 weeks before it was full. It looked to have potential but damn man start flooding a little ealier! The north end has a small pond and thats about all I saw up there. The guy said thats where a lot of the hunters go to. Either way it's a walk-in and the north end is the longest. Also I did not see one duck while I was there. It's mostly for Cranes I guess but you cant hunt that area at all. Confused yet? :yes:
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Na not confused, so whats the deal with it being drained. We killed ducks everytime we went out there. Seen two geese...once lol

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting